ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware Chuwi Hi8 Air Windows + Android + driver

Follow Us

[Hi8 Air] Chuwi Hi8 Air Windows + Android + driver

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:9-4-2018 19:49:35 View:10541|Reply:36

emily| Post time 8-19-2018 19:40:58 | Show all posts
Huckinnz replied at 8-19-2018 18:58
My tablet is dual boot andriod BTW. Is there any way to reduce space to allow 1803 to install?

NO way,the internal storege is too small
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-20-2018 22:24:23 | Show all posts
My tablet is dual boot andriod BTW. Is there any way to reduce space to allow 1803 to install?

You can install Android first,At the same time delete windows 10 system,Last install windows 10 system again

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-20-2018 22:24:29 | Show all posts

You can install Android first,At the same time delete windows 10 system,Last install windows 10 system again

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-20-2018 22:31:51 | Show all posts
MegaGrand135 replied at 8-18-2018 13:47
i use the chuwi hi8 hair. dual os. i want to install only windows on. i was wondering if i have to d ...

Sorry,you can't install windows only,and about download problems,you need to download all parts from the Windows10 package link and unpack them together in a folder

Use magic Report

titomno2| Post time 8-26-2018 07:36:16 | Show all posts
Hello Every one,
Thank you for the files, very helpful indeed.
I would like to know if people using hi8 air android experiencing a lot of reboot or battery drain during sleep ?
I was hoping that all little bad behavior of the Hi8 pro have been solved but it seems that android is still quite unstable.
I remain at your disposal if you have any feedback on this subject...
Best Regars

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-26-2018 07:57:48 | Show all posts
titomno2 replied at 8-26-2018 16:36
Hello Every one,
I would like to know if people using  ...

What happens is that during sleep the system is still active, all devices, bluetooth, wifi, sound ... and all the app's activated, mail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram ... You still receive the notifications with a sound effect. All this implies battery consumption. Deep sleep should only be used for a momentary suspension, shutting down completely when it is not going to be used for a prolonged period

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-26-2018 07:57:52 | Show all posts
titomno2 replied at 8-26-2018 16:36
Hello Every one,
I would like to know if people using  ...

What happens is that during sleep the system is still active, all devices, bluetooth, wifi, sound ... and all the app's activated, mail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram ... You still receive the notifications with a sound effect. All this implies battery consumption. Deep sleep should only be used for a momentary suspension, shutting down completely when it is not going to be used for a prolonged period

Use magic Report

titomno2| Post time 8-26-2018 11:15:37 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-26-2018 07:57
What happens is that during sleep the system is still active, all devices, bluetooth, wifi, sound  ...

Thank you manonegra222 (maybe french ? like me ?).
Whatever effectively I have not already change the notification, bluetooth was off. But maybe I should take care of notification of element running in background.
It did not explain why I have some times reboot without identical behavior (it could be in games or at idle, in charge or not).
The only modification I have made to the tablet was to reinstall only android with modified GPT.BIN to maximise the available space (all the rest are stock rom from emily at chuwi).
Also my wifi is medium (only 40MB/s) but I have no comparision with 2.4GHz product. I read that some people have issue but very worst (around 5MB/s near the routeur).

Use magic Report

Rog| Post time 9-4-2018 01:59:40 | Show all posts
Edited by Rog at 9-4-2018 02:43

Hi, I followed the tutorial to write winpe iso using ultraiso, then copied the images to the usb drive, when I boot the Hi8 air tablet and press F7 for the boot menu, it only shows UEFI: partition 1 not UEFI: partition 2 as in your instructions, what am I doing wrong?

Edit:
Ok I figured out I had to have create boot partition, so I got that far, now when I try t boot the usb disk from partition 2 is will jump back to the boot menu and nothing happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Use magic Report

slin| Post time 9-4-2018 19:49:35 | Show all posts
Edited by slin at 9-12-2018 00:18

Hi8 Air Request: 32-bit Windows 10 Drivers!

I have had a chance to use my Hi8 Air for a while and have a few observations and a request.

The dual boot feature seems rather pointless. With only 32 GB storage and Android consuming a significant amount of space, Windows 10 does not function well. It is too little storage to even allow a major Windows Update.

Also, why would anyone want to run Android on an Intel CPU? For mobile Android applications, the ARM architecture is VASTLY superior in performance, power consumption and compatibility. The ONLY reason to use the Intel architecture is to run Windows 10.

WHAT I DID: I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to create an USB flash drive installation media. I did a clean Windows 10 installation to overwrite the entire 32 GB drive and reclaim the Android space. Then I downloaded and installed the Hi8 Air Windows 10 drivers.

It seems to work fine. The problem is that 2 GB RAM is too small to comfortably run the 64-bit version of Windows. It is very easy to open up a few windows and suddenly the tablet slows to a molasses crawl because it's furiously swapping to disk.

Using 64-bit Windows is really unnecessary since the main reason for 64 bits is to address more than 4 GB memory, but this tablet only has 2 GB. Most users will only be running apps which have 32-bit versions available. Resource intensive apps that need 64 bits are not going to run usefully on this tablet anyway.

I would like to install the 32-bit version of Windows 10 on the Hi8 Air. This version would use much less RAM and run much faster without any significant disadvantages. The only problem is that I also need 32-bit versions of all the drivers to do this.

Request: Could you provide 32-bit drivers for the Hi8 Air? This would be very helpful and very much appreciated!

P.S. One gripe: The speaker being placed on the back of the tablet is a very bad choice. It makes the sound hard to hear for the user. Instead, the sound blasts outward to disturb and annoy other people who don't want to hear it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list