ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware I have a Vi8 Plus CW1519 Ser#: P32G22160700500.

Follow Us

[Vi8 Plus] I have a Vi8 Plus CW1519 Ser#: P32G22160700500.

[Copy link]

dariusun|Post time:6-19-2018 11:14:55 View:520|Reply:4

I have a Vi8 Plus CW1519 Ser#: P32G22160700500. How can I find out what the current firmware is on the device? I want to update the firmware but do not know what firmware I should be using.
Thanks,
Dariusun

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-19-2018 08:56:58 | Show all posts
Hello Dariusun,
I will answer you honestly. You should not succumb to the mass madness that became possible due to the fact that Chuwi distributes BIOS updates without the proper instructions. For your tablet, nothing new has been released for a long time. So do not try to update the firmware so as not to cause problems for youself.
Good luck!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

dariusun| Post time 6-19-2018 10:16:04 | Show all posts
The only reason I am looking to update the firmware is due to an issue I am having.
First, the battery was not charging properly, i.e. stayed at 58% not ever going to 100% charge, but did go down if not plugged in to charger.
I changed to a different cable and my luck changed - for a white, charging to 100% most of the time, however a new problem appeared.
The new issue is if the charging cable is not connected, the battery dies in a couple of minutes when showing 100%, then that changed now to
just shutting down when fully charged. If continuously plugged in it will work most of the time, but will occasionally just shut down on its own.
It was suggested to me that this was a Firmware issue.
Any suggestions?
I should mention that shortly after I received the Vi8 Plus (January 2017) it died due to a Windows 10 update, I was able to download a full restore and rebuilt the dualboot for Android 5.1 and Windows 10. The unit has been working fine up to about a month ago when the battery/shutdown issues started.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-19-2018 11:05:12 | Show all posts
You should not worry about a Firmware issue. All signs that the battery is dying.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-19-2018 11:14:55 | Show all posts
I used the words "mass madness" earlier. Very often people evaluate the situation inadequately and try to flash the BIOS with unsuitable firmware. It really looks like mass madness. Therefore, you should not participate in this. As a rule, Chuwi does not release BIOS updates. You do not have anything to update your Firmware.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list