ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus Chuwi Hi10 Plus bricked...

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi10 Plus bricked...

[Copy link]

wei|Post time:8-28-2018 22:12:38 View:369|Reply:6

Hello,

I purchased a Chuwi Hi10 Plus about 6 weeks ago. It's been fine up until now.

After rebooting, I received a "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" blue screen and could not boot into windows after several retries. I tried get back into the OS from the bios through the recovery screen, but still the same message. I then tried to boot into Android, but it wasn't able to fully boot.

I switched it off somehow and now there is no charge indicator light when it is plugged into power.

Right now it is a brick.

Near the Type C power port, the chassis of the tablet is still warm.

Can anyone help me?

Use magic Report

wei| Post time 8-26-2018 03:34:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I found out from support there is no warranty for parts for this 6 week old tablet!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 8-26-2018 05:22:41 | Show all posts
wei replied at 8-26-2018 12:34
I found out from support there is no warranty for parts for this 6 week old tablet!

You should enter the BIOS and check in the "Boot" tab if the eMMC disk is detected. We hope that it will be like this and you can once again install the operating systems on the Tablet.
You can send a photo of how that section appears in the BIOS.

Use magic Report

wei| Post time 8-27-2018 03:31:17 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by wei at 8-27-2018 03:43

It won't switch on at all, so I can't enter the bios (yes, I have tried all the different button procedures). The charging light indicator doesn't light up when plugged in to power. It's pretty much bricked...
Even the button procedure to get to the recovery screen doesn't work. There is no way to flash an OS. For all intents and purposes, it is dead.

This has been a really disappointing experience. I emailed Chuwi support with a copy of the receipt, serial number and the warranty. The warranty stipulates that there is a 1 year warranty on "product quality issues", which this clearly falls into, but they claim that there is no warranty on parts - the warranty says nothing about parts charged to the buyer.

At this point, Chuwi have advised that I seek compensation from the seller and have washed their hands of this. I don't know what to do now. I just lost my money on a badly made product and there is no support offered for it.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 8-27-2018 05:09:46 | Show all posts
wei replied at 8-27-2018 12:31
It won't switch on at all, so I can't enter the bios (yes, I have tried all the different button pro ...

What store is the Tablet?

The store where I buy the Tablet has to offer normally 1 year warranty, now the issue is to write your problem in the correct way for the seller to accept the repair of the product. This depends on where it is purchased, Aliexpress, Gearbest, Banggood, eBay, etc. In the case that the purchase was paid with PayPal, it has more protection in its warranty, but it must indicate that the product is defective and does not comply with the indicated, it will have to reach an agreement in the best way with the seller for the repair of the tablet.

Use magic Report

wei| Post time 8-27-2018 07:25:45 | Show all posts
Yes, I have followed through with the return request through a seller on eBay, therefore PayPal, so in that sense I have some guarantees. I am currrently waiting now for a reply from the seller and arbitration from eBay.  Thanks for asking.

I am disappointed with Chuwi because I thought I could deal with them directly and having now learned that there isn't a real practical warranty on their product I've somewhat lost faith in the company.

Regards.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-28-2018 22:12:38 | Show all posts
wei replied at 8-27-2018 07:25
Yes, I have followed through with the return request through a seller on eBay, therefore PayPal, so  ...

Hi,There is no man-made damage in the warranty period, we can repair it for free, but the parts should be charged

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list