ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi9 Pro tablet overheats, CPU running full even though no no ...

Follow Us

tablet overheats, CPU running full even though no non-system apps running

[Copy link]

boo1712|Post time:10-31-2018 07:51:59 View:725|Reply:7

Edited by boo1712 at 8-20-2018 00:54

Hi,
I have been using your tablet for a few days. The screen of the tablet is super but battery life is poor.
I discovered that the CPU throttling of the tablet should be buggy. After the tablet overheats, the CPUs will not shut down thereafter even when no non-system apps are running.
It is like the overheat throttling will throttle the CPUs to run hot when  the tablet overheats.
The Antutu benchmark will drop from about 90,000 to 50,000 even after some light/moderate usage and the tablet starts to warm.
Lowest I got was 20,000 in Antutu benchmark after playing 3 games of mobile legend.
Only a reboot will reset the throttling.
Are there or will there be any patches?
IMG_20180820_100944.jpg
IMG_20180820_153336.jpg
IMG_20180820_155302.jpg

Use magic Report

tekknogenius| Post time 9-6-2018 15:05:33 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My Hi9 pro also gets hot and then becomes unresponsive and sluggish. The battery life is not great either. Without doing anything it goes from 100% to 90% in a half hour. I'm also having phone issues. It doesn't work well on speaker phone and dialing  the receiver cannot hear me. I can receive phone calls fine but making them presents problems. Assuming since this is early production there will be a patch soon. Contacted Gearbest to see if they have a remedy.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 9-7-2018 17:30:21 | Show all posts
HI,Thanks for you advice,we are improving the problems you said, I believe there will be new patches soon.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 9-7-2018 17:34:44 | Show all posts
tekknogenius replied at 9-6-2018 15:05
My Hi9 pro also gets hot and then becomes unresponsive and sluggish. The battery life is not great e ...

Hi,the speaker phone doesn't work well is mean it can't hear anything,or The volume is too small to hear clearly.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 9-7-2018 17:43:04 | Show all posts
Play games watch movies online for a long time the tablet overheating is normal,it depends on actual temperature

Use magic Report

tekknogenius| Post time 9-12-2018 04:25:37 | Show all posts
Edited by tekknogenius at 9-12-2018 04:30
emily replied at 9-7-2018 17:34
Hi,the speaker phone doesn't work well is mean it can't hear anything,or The volume is too small t ...

It works sometimes (as in I can hear and the person on the other side can hear me). Most times it does not work, meaning I can make the call, but no sound is heard on my side or transmitted to the caller. The call goes through because the other phone rings and picks up, but that is it. Calls seem to be able to be received without issue most of the time. I have factory reset the phone to see if that fixed anything, but to no avail. I can make a call using speaker phone or not using speaker phone, but then the next call things will not work for outgoing calls even to the same number that previously worked. If it makes a difference I'm in the US on T-Mobile.

Use magic Report

pleclair| Post time 10-31-2018 07:49:53 | Show all posts
I haven't seen this overheating problem on my father's hi9 pro.  

A few days ago, he told me the tablet wouldn't charge.  After investigating, I found out that the system was incorrectly reporting the battery capacity.  It was seeing 7900 mah instead of 5000.  The tablet wouldn't seem to charge over 63%.  It happens that if you divide 7900 / 5000, you get exactly that, 63%.

So I'm in the process of trying to fix that, by letting it die, charge it again, etc...  Now it's at 89%.  So improving, but the last two charges didn't improve it much.  The first one took it from 63 to 86.

To get it die quicker I run prime on it.  It takes two hours for it to die, with the screen on, max brightness, wifi, location, bluetooth on.  But if you know prime, you know it's the most demanding application you can run on a processor.

And yes, I've seen the tablet shut down because it was too hot.  Had to let it run outside at 5 degrees or so, and then it was able to run for the full 2 hours until it died.

Other than this, I've noticed the gps signal is not weak, but almost non-existant.. can't get a fix, indoor or out.  And it's supposed to be a pretty good gps, with beidou and glonass isn't it?  My phone fix indoor no problem in a few seconds.  

I had him buy the chuwi as he wanted to use it for google maps as he is a taxi driver.  I feel bad for this decision.  I had done some research, and the hi9 pro looked like a really interesting product, but the more I learn about chuwi, and the less I enjoy it.

It started with the android not certified problem.  I wrote chuwi about this, and never had a reply.

Then the gps is pretty much only working by network location, and now the battery is out of wack...  never had a problem like this before on any of the devices I've owned.  I know this problem happens, as I've searched online about it, and find a few threads on the matter, but it doesn't seem widespread.  And it looks like chinese devices are more affected than others.

A week or two after we received the hi9 pro, I let myself be tempted by the new hipad and ordered one for myself.  But I'm sure I'll end up regretting it now.

I also wanted to replace my son's ipad3 with the chuwi corebook, but after all of this, I went with the cube mix plus instead.  A lot more reviews on it, and they are all praises....  

Chuwi, get your things together.  Your products are nice (to look at), and on paper, but....  and on the net, your customer support reputation is bad.  You can't just ignore people's problems and keep on releasing new devices without hearing what your customers are saying.  

I've read the review on the corebook when I was researching on what to get, and I saw the amount of thermal paste that was applied...  hard to believe than anyone with the knowledge to build a tablet from scratch doesn't know how to apply thermal paste.  I've worked as a computer tech for over ten years, and putting more than you need isn't gonna help, and it looks bad too.

Meh....  

I'm disappointed really...

Use magic Report

pleclair| Post time 10-31-2018 07:51:59 | Show all posts
If you keep running antutu to see your score drops, it's normal it's gonna drop after every run.  There are no fans inside, and running antutu will heat your cpu much faster than playing candy crush or watching a video.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list