ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Disable Gestures

Follow Us

Disable Gestures

[Copy link]

dreichuwi|Post time:9-9-2018 06:28:01 View:284|Reply:1

Hello - I have a situation where the touchpad gestures are in the way of normal touchpad use.  For example, when using a single finger to move the cursor downward (top to bottom motion), all active software is minimized.  Scanning the pages, there are many help pages that involve opening the touchpad settings to disable these gestures, but the touchpad settings are not present on this device.

Things I have tried:

1. I fixed this problem about 6 months ago by means of autohotkey scripts found in my startup folder (based on this youtube video; Chuwi Trackpad Disable Gesture Fix (HID Compliant Trackpad)). This fix worked originally - the touchpad worked like a normal touchpad (down just moved the cursor down) and the touchpad gestures were disabled (yet they still worked on the tablet directly).

Since then, the PC was updated/cleaned and the problem has resurfaced.  It is a huge hastle as I should not have all my applications minimized with basic use.

Attempting #1 again is no longer working.

2.  I attempted to use the regedit.exe to disable the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad "EnableEdgy" registry - this did not work.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas / fixes for this.  I just want the touchpad to accept directional input - gestures are not wanted.

Use magic Report

dreichuwi| Post time 9-9-2018 06:28:01 | Show all posts
Update:

This was a quick/easy update - I re-watched the video from step#1 above and found that I had erroneously saved the startup script as a text file (notepad) instead of the autohotkey script as intended... thus, when added to my startup, it was not an actual script and was just a notepad file.

Once I updated the properties of the file to actually be an autohotkey script, the step from #1 above worked.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list