ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 lapbook air SSD upgrade problem

Follow Us

lapbook air SSD upgrade problem

[Copy link]

Park|Post time:7 day(s) ago View:32|Reply:3

Edited by Park at 9-12-2018 23:45

I used Lapbook air 14.1.
I can not install a SSD(Kingspec 256G, M.2).
lapbook don`t recognize that.
How to solve this problem?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 9-12-2018 22:56:02 | Show all posts
In case it is not detected, go to the Windows start button, disk manager, we will leave the SSD disk as unallocated space, select it with right mouse button click on new simple volume, an installation wizard will open , we click on next, there comes a time that we will leave to allocate space to the SSD is normal to leave by default and marked the space that we will have available, Format as NTFS and mark as default hard disk, we put a name and we select the fast formatting box, once the Windows assistant disappears, we wait a while until it is formatted and we detect the SSD Windows disk.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Park| Post time 9-12-2018 23:44:53 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 9-12-2018 22:56
In case it is not detected, go to the Windows start button, disk manager, we will leave the SSD disk ...

In this case, it is not detected at BIOS, so I can not select the SSD.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 9-13-2018 09:52
Park replied at 9-13-2018 08:44
In this case, it is not detected at BIOS, so I can not select the SSD.

You must connect the new SSD before formatting the computer to format the SSD and be detected by Windows.

The normal thing would be to start with Windows installed in the eMMC, with the computer off, connect the SSD, turn on the computer, format the SSD as indicated in the previous answer, then you can format the computer and the SSD should be detected in the process of installation. Windows

The same with some external adapter, you can format the SSD from another computer, then plug it into the slot of your Lapbook and do the Windows installation on the SSD.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list