Follow Us

Moving Windows to the SSD

[Copy link]

Damned|Post time:1-9-2019 00:36:31 View:2789|Reply:15

santi.sc| Post time 12-24-2018 03:22:26 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 12-24-2018 12:35
giorgoskn replied at 12-24-2018 09:33
Hello there!
I received me Lapbook SE a few days ago. It worked like a charm initially, then I trie ...

Hello,
When the equipment is new, it is almost more interesting to make a clean installation of the operating system on the SSD, rather than cloning the eMMC to the SSD.

Create a backup of the device drivers. The Chuwi lapbook SE drivers are available here.
Create a USB installation of Windows 10 Home.
Turn on the Lapbook by pressing F7 to start the installation wizard. Select custom installation
Delete all partitions.
Select so that the installation is in the SSD, press continue.
In a few minutes the installation of Windows 10 will finish.
Still without connecting the Wifi, touch restore the computer drivers.
Run Double Driver, Restore, All.
Once finished, connect the Wifi to install Windows update updates.
Perform the whole process with an eye that never deplete the laptop's battery, better with the charger connected.
Restart the computer and everything should be working correctly.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-24-2018 03:33:57 | Show all posts
giorgoskn replied at 12-24-2018 09:36
Chuwi official, please ship your product with Windows on the SSD when one is included, it's a shame  ...

If you want you can try to restore the drivers on your computer with the file that is available in the forum, to see if that can solve the problem you describe.

It disables the installation of unsigned drivers in Windows 10.
Use double drivers. Top tab restore, check "ALL" look for the folder path drivers that you have previously downloaded and unzipped from the files that is available in the forum.
Even if you miss an alert message, always select the option to install all of this software.
Once finished, reboot the computer and check if they correct their problems with the drivers.

If you have more questions ask again.
Have a good day.
Greetings.

Use magic Report

giorgoskn| Post time 12-24-2018 08:29:14 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 12-24-2018 03:22
Hello,When the equipment is new, it is almost more interesting to make a clean installation of the  ...

Thanks a lot for the advice!
1) Since I have the recovery partition, would it be the same to move it to a USB drive and make the new installation from that? Or do I need to download Windows10 again?
2) What about Windows activation? Do I need to backup the digital license or will they auto-activate once I connect? (No hardware changes of course)

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-24-2018 08:40:41 | Show all posts
giorgoskn replied at 12-24-2018 17:29
Thanks a lot for the advice!
1) Since I have the recovery partition, would it be the same to move ...

1) I could not assure you. I think the best thing is to create the USB from the beginning.
2) As long as no hardware changes are made and the same version of Windows is installed, the license must be activated automatically. You can get the license that the team has with this program for greater peace of mind.

Use magic Report

12ghast| Post time 1-8-2019 18:04:45 | Show all posts
Hi all,

Just received my Chuwi Lapbook SE and would like to share how I moved Windows 10 from the eMMC to the SSD.

https://www.12ghast.com/technology/chuwi-lapbook-se-emmc-to-ssd/

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-9-2019 00:36:31 | Show all posts
12ghast replied at 1-9-2019 03:04
Hi all,

Just received my Chuwi Lapbook SE and would like to share how I moved Windows 10 from the e ...

Thanks for the tutorial, it will serve many.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list