ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Entering Bios Problem

Follow Us

Entering Bios Problem

[Copy link]

yauyau1027|Post time:10-2-2018 23:50:31 View:241|Reply:4

Edited by yauyau1027 at 10-1-2018 02:46

Hi everyone,

I am from Hong Kong. I just bought a Chuwi Surbook 2 day ago. There is an official agent of Chuwi in Hong Kong, so what I bought is a dealer goods. Today when I try to enter Bios, I was requested to input a password. I have never set anything in the Bios, so I suspect that I get a used/returned Surbook from my seller.
Should I contact the agent first or jsut return my Surbook to the seller and request a brand new one?

I used the Surbook for 2 days, and already set and installed my daily use software in it, returning my current Surnbook and setting up a new one is pretty annoying. But I also concern since the Bios is locked, I don't know what the "previous user" have done on my SurBook.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 10-1-2018 08:32:46 | Show all posts
The first thing I would do would be to contact the distributor and ask for explanations that the Bios has a password and ask for it if I know it.
It is your decision to request the change for another, although I would ask for it.

In reference to what you say to reconfigure the new tablet with your settings and programs, you can do, at this time and if everything works well, an image of disk C and then restore it in the new tablet and it will not take more than 15 minutes have everything the same. It is a custom that I do on all my computers and tablets as a security measure and I can tell you that it works really well.

The program that I use is Macrium Reflect, of which there is a free version and that in the option "clone this disk" generates a file that you must save in a pendrive or in a portable hard disk. With the same program, on the new tablet, you can restore the saved image. If you have any questions you can contact me
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

yauyau1027| Post time 10-1-2018 21:54:41 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 10-1-2018 08:32
The first thing I would do would be to contact the distributor and ask for explanations that the Bio ...

I wonder if the "previous user" had set anything in Bios would affect the Windows 10 setting.

If I use the software you mentioned, is it only save the setup I made in Windows 10, nothing set in Bios would be cloned?

Thanks.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 10-2-2018 04:13:34 | Show all posts
yauyau1027 replied at 10-2-2018 06:54
I wonder if the "previous user" had set anything in Bios would affect the Windows 10 setting.

If  ...

To the first question, the information of the Bios does not affect the functioning of the operating system but of the devices.
To the second, the commented software only makes an image of the disk information, the information of the bios is on the motherboard.

Use magic Report

yauyau1027| Post time 10-2-2018 23:50:31 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 10-2-2018 04:13
To the first question, the information of the Bios does not affect the functioning of the operatin ...

Thanks for answering~

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list