ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware Spectre & Meltdown vulnerability BIOS update

Follow Us

[Lapbook] Spectre & Meltdown vulnerability BIOS update

[Copy link]

brudol|Post time:10-24-2018 21:56:37 View:413|Reply:2

Hello,

I've been patching all computers at home to protect against the Spectre vulnerability and the last remaining computer is my Chuwi LapBook Air. As far as I can tell I have the latest BIOS installed and the operating system and all drivers are updated to the latest version. I'm using the InSpectre tool (https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm) to check the status of each computer.

The result I get for my Chuwi LapBook Air is this:
spectre.png

Other computers had similar result until I updated BIOS to the latest version. After the BIOS updates all have YES/YES/YES/GOOD result.

Model: LapBook Air
EC Version: N14100406
BIOS Version: N1410AL.TE7.A0L3HWC3....

Is there a planned BIOS update to address the Spectre vulnerability for the LapBook Air?

Best regards

Use magic Report

chuchuchu| Post time 10-23-2018 06:10:47 | Show all posts
Just run Inspectre as Aministrator, click "Disable..." button, restart PC, run again to check. If Performance is GOOD, its OK
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

brudol| Post time 10-24-2018 21:56:37 | Show all posts
Hello chuchuchu. I didn't start this thread because of performance concerns but rather because of security concerns. Disabling protections is the opposite of what I want to do. Ideally I would like to see the YES/YES/YES result and I dont really care as much about what performance says. As far as I know this can only be achieved with an BIOS/MEI update. Do you know about any potenticial updates?

Best regards
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list