ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Broke android side, Want it back

Follow Us

Broke android side, Want it back

[Copy link]

pat277|Post time:12-5-2018 07:14:39 View:106|Reply:1

Edited by pat277 at 11-10-2018 09:43

(newer of the Chuwi Hi-12 models)

Long story short, in an attempt to install ubuntu (success), it broke booting to Android. Instead of only fixing android and removing ubuntu, There are two things I would want to do android-side if possible.
I want to either get Android 7.0 (specifically, nothing above or below) working, or any version of android 5.0 or above with root permissions, because all apps I use, need either of these to work. Even if I have to use custom roms or not use any google apps & play store, thats fine.

Even if I have to sacrifice a feature to get android working again, I am willing to do so, as long as its not Windows OS, Touchscreen, Wifi, or atleast one way to get audio either through the port or a USB to Audio out. In terms of things I am willing to sacrifice: using the USB-Micro for data, the USB's or audio port [not both], Video-out, Chuwi Hi12 Keyboard attachment and Bluetooth (all of these while in android).

This is my first post, so sorry if it isn't formatted correctly or something :/

Also, as a Sidenote, is it me or does Windows & Androids minimum brightness differ greatly compared to Linux distro's for the Chuwi Hi12?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-5-2018 07:14:39 | Show all posts
You can reinstall the operating systems to have everything as in the beginning, for that look at the software thread that corresponds with the Hi12 and ask in the links of the files for the serial number of your Tablet.
Android 7 is not possible.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list