ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi9 Plus problem original keyboard

Follow Us

problem original keyboard

[Copy link]

wolf4ever|Post time:4-25-2019 12:18:51 View:991|Reply:13

Edited by wolf4ever at 12-11-2018 23:15

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the original chuwi hi9 plus keyboard, every time I remove the keyboard and then put it back, the keyboard stop work, I have to switch the tablet off and on again to reconnect the keyboard, in setting menu the keyboard appear in the list of keyboards connect but don't work, come back in work only after restart, if i don't remove it, i haven't problem
with bluetooth keyboard or mouse i haven't this problem

Use magic Report

tautav| Post time 12-28-2018 08:07:56 | Show all posts
Hi
Same problem as your even without unpluging  the keyboard !
Keyboard stops to work without any reason but still "recognized" as plugged in by google ! Full reboot needed to make it work again.
Did not managed to find what is the source of this issue? Anyone has an idea ?

It seems the leyboard stop working when it should work and lights up when it should remain idle ! Any trixk to avoid it waking up when in a bag ?
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

wolf4ever| Post time 12-11-2018 23:05:55 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by wolf4ever at 12-11-2018 23:17

and I do not know who the genius who created it? because it is not possible to go around with that keyboard/cover because every time a key is pressed the screen light wake up, and there is nothing that prevents the keys from pressing when the cover is closed, so I have the tablet that continues to turn on the monitor light
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-12-2018 03:26:05 | Show all posts
wolf4ever replied at 12-12-2018 08:05
and I do not know who the genius who created it? because it is not possible to go around with that k ...

You are absolutely right, to transport the tablet there is no choice but to turn it off completely because at the slightest touch the screen lights up. I will not use the keyboard case for home use and I bought an Ipad-type case for use outside the home.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 12-28-2018 19:26:56 | Show all posts
tautav replied at 12-28-2018 08:07
Hi
Keyboard stops to work without any re ...

Hello

Can you update the OTA? maybe it‘s effective for it

Expect you to post the final consequence in the forum

Use magic Report

wolf4ever| Post time 12-29-2018 03:39:52 | Show all posts
shop changed my cover with a not original cover with out keyboard, no solution with the original cover, very bad

Use magic Report

wolf4ever| Post time 12-29-2018 03:45:03 | Show all posts
emily replied at 12-28-2018 19:26
Hello

Can you update the OTA? maybe it‘s effective for it

my system is update but this don't solve the problem, the keyboard is plugged.... if i didn't work/i didn't use tablet for 3/4 hours, sometimes 30 minutes.... the keyboard stop work....

Use magic Report

tautav| Post time 12-29-2018 08:30:29 | Show all posts
Hi
Keyboard stops to work without any reason but still "recognized" as plugged in by google ! Full reboot needed to make it work again.
Did not managed to find what is the source of this issue? Anyone has an idea ?

It seems the leyboard stop working when it should work and lights up when it should remain idle ! Any trixk to avoid it waking up when in a bag ?

Use magic Report

Maverick| Post time 2-27-2019 00:26:56 | Show all posts
wolf4ever replied at 12-11-2018 23:05
and I do not know who the genius who created it? because it is not possible to go around with that k ...

The solution for this problem is "Pocket Mode". Every other Android Smartphone has this pocket mode that locks the screen and all the keys when its put in a pocket. The mode works with proximity-sensor. Chuwi Hi9 Plus has proximity-sensor. But i dont know how to activate pocket mode.
Does anyone know how to activate pocket-mode?
Is there an App in the official store that can make this?

Use magic Report

igsa| Post time 4-25-2019 12:18:51 | Show all posts
I have 2 Hi-9 plus tablets with original chuwi keyboards. They are both on the latest firmware (26th March 2019).  Both tables have exactly the same behaviour described above.

i.e. If the tablet keyboard is folded so it can be put into a bag or similar then there is a good chance it will not work when it is opened out again.

The only solution is to reboot the tablet.

Given how many people have this issue is someone looking at this? It is incredibly frustrating to have to continually reboot a tablet and this is ruining what is otherwise an excellent product.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list