ChuWi Forum»Forum General Discussion General Discussion Wifi fail after win 10 last update

Follow Us

Wifi fail after win 10 last update

[Copy link]

lrmmf|Post time:12-17-2018 00:27:11 View:156|Reply:4

Hello,
With the last Windows update my surbook mini's wifi stoped failing, and so also my login based on a live Microsoft account.
This is frustrating. How can i install a good wifi driver now, using usb, and preferently by a batch file, since the software kwyboard also doesnt work. And also, how can i do a complete Install of Windows (last version???) on mini surbook?

Regards

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-16-2018 00:11:04 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 12-16-2018 09:39

Hello,
To solve the problem with Wifi, look to reinstall the attached file, or reinstall the .exe executables .msi that contains the folder.

Reinstall the driver from the devices administrator would be like this: you look there the box that corresponds to the wifi, right mouse button, properties, driver tab, update driver, from a specific location and select where you have the copy of the drivers you have Download and decompress before.

The other problem that you say "login based on a Microsoft account" is not true to what error you refer. Explain a little more the situation.

If the keyboard does not work either, I think you should do a full installation of all the drives on the Surbook Mini: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z3s4akh2rzxp03f/SURbook+MINI+Driver.rar  (Download and unzip)

Look what you can do with this method: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5391&page=5#pid38442

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-16-2018 00:27:40 | Show all posts
On your last question:
  1. And also, how can i do a complete Install of Windows (last version???) on mini surbook?
Copy the Code

You will need a USB of at least 8 Gb so that the ISO of the Microsoft Web is created with the installation means of Windows 10. This process is recommended to be done on another computer. You must create the USB to install Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
Drivers of the Tablet, you have to download and unzip to an external USB device.

Connect the USB you have created with Windows 10 ISO, turn on the tablet by pressing F7 several times, until it offers us the option to start from USB. (The start key may be different on that Tablet)
Once we get to the partition table, you will have to delete all, one by one and then give it to install Windows in the unallocated free space of the unit.
The typical installation of Windows starts as on the computer.
It is a process that takes a while, leaving the tablet working little by little in the installation, although it remains on the screen in black with the logo of the brand that takes a long time, patience.

When we have the Windows desktop, it's time to reinstall the device drivers.
The first thing is to disable the mandatory use of the drivers signed in Windows 10. It is a reminder NOT to turn on the wifi yet.

Start the doublé driver program. Once again, and in the "Restore" box, accept the pop-up message that appears, then look for the pendrive of the folder where the drivers that we want to restore and accept are stored, look for the option "All" to mark the entire list of the drivers and give accept. A bar will be loaded by restoring the drivers and then the Windows driver installation wizard with which you perform the driver restoration will open.
After restoring all the drivers and restarting the tablet, you must install the Windows Update updates.
Do everything is process on the tablet always with the charger connected to the power.

Use magic Report

lrmmf| Post time 12-16-2018 13:03:02 | Show all posts
Edited by lrmmf at 12-16-2018 13:06
santi.sc replied at 12-16-2018 00:11
Hello,
To solve the problem with Wifi, look to reinstall the attached file, or reinstall the .exe ex ...

Hello santi.sc

i've installed the 1st file you mentioned - i had to run the setup through command line - but wifi is still failing. But I think i was having problems with wifi even before all this mess...

For the 2nd file you mention, i went one by one installing the .INF files but i was starting to duplicate the good drivers in System - so i haven't finished that...

Why do i need the 3rd link you mention? the driver isn't signed? I ask because the installation was succesfull. Should i re install the wifi driver??

So at this moment i have windows 10, painfully slow, without start button working, neither notficications, nor explorer. As i though that the lack of login was caused by not having internet, i used a tool caused pcunlocker to transform my live account to local....

What should i do at this moment?
-> Try some tool from the UEFI boot ? How can i access it? I'm having problems finding the way to boot directly to it
-> Should i find the serial number from the windows and reinstall everything? Will it work? Where can i find the Windows and tutorial?

I shouldn't have updated to the latest Windows... Do you know of any mini surbook running latest windows without problems ???

Regards

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-17-2018 00:27:11 | Show all posts
lrmmf replied at 12-16-2018 22:03
Hello santi.sc

i've installed the 1st file you mentioned - i had to run the setup through command  ...

Hello lrmmf,

There are many questions that you generate in the last answer. My summary is that I think your problems are accumulated from the previous modifications I make on the tablet> https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-5939-1-1.html

I suggest you perform a clean installation of the Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system as indicated in the previous response: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8683&page=1#pid44360

Whenever you install the same version of Windows that the computer has now, the license will be activated automatically. You can write down the license of the team before, with this program you will obtain the license that you have now in the team.

If you have questions, ask again.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list