ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBox How to delete Android partition and boot Windows onl ...

Follow Us

How to delete Android partition and boot Windows only?

[Copy link]

gx22|Post time:The day before yesterday 02:43 View:99|Reply:9

How do I delete Android partition and boot Windows 10 only?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hello gx22,

Watch the tutorial of this Thread: https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1654-1-1.html

Does this method work on the Chuwi Hibox? Look at this post

Good luck.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

gx22| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
The partitions are not exactly the same.  It has more than one EFI partitions.  It also has a recovery partition which I can't delete.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 1-12-2019 09:01
gx22 replied at 1-11-2019 21:58
The partitions are not exactly the same.  It has more than one EFI partitions.  It also has a recove ...

I sent him that link because in answer # 3 you can see how the user says it worked perfectly.
Well in that case, the best is to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the help of USB and Media creation tool to create the installation medium with the Windows ISO.

-The first makes a backup of Windows drives with the help of double drivers.
-Enter the Windows license number with the help of this program.

-Then it eliminates the dual boot of the Tablet:
- You run the SwitchNOW application from the shortcut on the Windows desktop.
-You click on No when the question pops up Are you sure to switch to Android?
-Select disable.
-Reinit and check that the dual start menu does not come out.

-Create a Windows 10 Home installation USB from the web.

When you have all this ready, connect the USB that you created with Windows 10 ISO, turn on the tablet pressing F7 several times, until it offers us the option to start from USB. Select custom installation.
Once we get to the partition table, you will have to remove everything one by one and then select to install Windows in the unallocated space of drive 0.
The typical installation of Windows starts as on the computer.
It is a process that takes a while.

When we have the Windows desktop, it's time to reinstall the device drivers.
The first thing is to disable the mandatory use of the drivers signed in Windows 10. It is advisable NOT to turn on the wifi yet.

Start the doublé driver program. Once again, and in the "Restore" box, accept the pop-up message that appears, then look for the pendrive of the folder where the drivers that we want to restore and accept are stored, look for the option "All" to mark the entire list of the drivers and give accept. A bar will be loaded by restoring the drivers and then the Windows driver installation wizard with which you perform the driver restoration will open.

*When I say Tablet, I mean Hibox.

Use magic Report

gx22| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
After I followed the instructions to install x64 Wndows 10 and restore drivers, wireless doesn't work.  In Device Manager / system, bcmfn2 doesn't work.  In Network section Broadcom wireless doesn't work.  Any clue how to fix this?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
gx22 replied at 1-15-2019 08:11
After I followed the instructions to install x64 Wndows 10 and restore drivers, wireless doesn't wor ...

Disable wifi, again enable the installation of unsigned drivers in Windows 10 and install new drivers.
Then restart the computer.
You can also try to restore these Hibox drivers as indicated:
https://mega.nz/#!N7BH3KwQ!qc-mZ ... PjxSqLY8DXEeqqJjt5w

Use magic Report

gx22| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
I tried the Hibox driver package and I enable installation of unsigned driver in Windows 10.  
Broadcom wireless abgn driver says it cannot start (code 10).  Could this driver not compatible with the new version of Windows 10?  How do I go back to the old version of Windows 10 that comes with the box?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 3 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 1-15-2019 10:44
gx22 replied at 1-15-2019 10:20
I tried the Hibox driver package and I enable installation of unsigned driver in Windows 10.  
Broad ...

Can not connect to the internet by cable? Let's see if the computer downloads the driver you need.

To return to the original version: https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3394-1-1.html
DO NOT update the BIOS.

Use magic Report

gx22| Post time The day before yesterday 02:08 | Show all posts
If I go back to old 2016 Win 10, Wifi works.  Wifi doesn't work with 2017 Windows 10.  This can be a problem when my Windows 10 updates to newer version.  Broadcom Wifi may no longer work once Windows updates to newer version.  Is there any updated Broadcom Wifi driver that can work with new Windows 10?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time The day before yesterday 02:43 | Show all posts
gx22 replied at 1-16-2019 11:08
If I go back to old 2016 Win 10, Wifi works.  Wifi doesn't work with 2017 Windows 10.  This can be a ...

I looked at this that I found: https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-4030-1-1.html
The problem is that the driver download does not work for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list