Hello,
After updating bios and restarting this happened:
Screen doesn't turn on
Usb not working
Only charges and keyboard backlight turns on

Please help!!!

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 1-22-2019 23:34:20 | Show all posts
I'm sorry about what's happening to you. We must all know that flashing bios should only be attempted in case of problems. If this is the case, try to repeat the operation, respecting precisely each step of the follow-up tutorial.
Modérateur

Administrateur https://www.actiftech.com/
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 1-22-2019 23:34:26 | Show all posts
I'm sorry about what's happening to you. We must all know that flashing bios should only be attempted in case of problems. If this is the case, try to repeat the operation, respecting precisely each step of the follow-up tutorial.
Modérateur

Administrateur https://www.actiftech.com/

Use magic Report

rcasanova15| Post time 1-26-2019 09:00:38 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hello, I just updated the bios after download it directly form windows. After that the laptop doesn't even boot or present anything on the screen.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-26-2019 10:25:59 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 1-26-2019 19:27
rcasanova15 replied at 1-26-2019 18:00
Hello, I just updated the bios after download it directly form windows. After that the laptop doesn' ...

I do not understand that habit of updating the bios. The bios should never touch unless it is corrupt. The files you find published in the forum are not updates for your laptop because it is another version but new bios for new laptop models with different configuration. You should never update a bios unless you are instructed to do so. The risk is evident and you have already seen it. The only solution, if you have loaded a wrong bios and the laptop does not turn on is to reprogram it with an external programmer and it is a job for a technician.

Use magic Report

rcasanova15| Post time 1-27-2019 10:19:03 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-27-2019 12:17:50 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

rcasanova15| Post time 1-28-2019 09:56:53 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 1-27-2019 12:17
https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1820&highlight=Corrup

Thank you. Looks like there's no other way to fix it. I will order the kit and then give it a try.

Use magic Report

rcasanova15| Post time 4-1-2019 14:40:46 | Show all posts
Hello, I was able to get the programmer, but don´t seem to get it to work. I´m able to read the chip info, deleted it then loaded bios downloaded from forum. Still black screen.

Use magic Report

rcasanova15| Post time 4-1-2019 15:22:55 | Show all posts
Hello,

Is there another Bios bin file that I could use to try with that instead (used both OEA.bin(23Bytes) and AMI_bxt_SPI_8mb.bin(8MB))?

Using OEA.bin(23Bytes), I get no error messages, I guess because of the size. But when I turn the laptop on, only the keyboard works.

When I click on Detect this is what I get:

Size: 256KByte/2MBit
Manufacture: MXIC
Memory Name: MX25L2005
Manufacture ID: $C2
Memory Type: $20
Memory Capacity: $13
Device ID: $12

If I try changing the Manufacture and name to the one from the YouTube tutorial, I get an error message stating that there is a difference between the memory and the chip and doesn't work.

Please help!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list