ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Hi9 Pro Hi9 Pro does not charge from some USBc power sources ...

Follow Us

Hi9 Pro does not charge from some USBc power sources?

[Copy link]

jjstreic|Post time:4-16-2019 10:49:11 View:391|Reply:5

I just took delivery of an Hi9Pro and noticed that the tablet does not recognize being connected to a USBc charging source.  The sources I have tried are the power brick from a Pixel3 and a battery with USB C output, but I just noticed that it does charge from an older Nexus 5 charger (also USB C).  Has anyone else noticed this strangeness?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-8-2019 15:44:53 | Show all posts
Have you tried with the original charger? It is the one that delivers the right voltage and power. I do not know the characteristics of the chargers that the devices that you comment, but my advice is that you use one with the same characteristics as the original and whose USB C connector has the same length.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Nassau| Post time 2-14-2019 00:48:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes,My power brick too.100v-240v 50Hz-60Hz 3.4A  2port Port1: USB-A Port:2 USB-C(Mini)  Test1: Connect to USB-miniC(Not Charge and notice).Cable length about 1.5m.Test2:Connect to USB-A port and use USB-micro to USB-C adapter.(Get Charge and notice.But very slow charge.).Cable length about 30cm.Other chargers not appear this problem.

Use magic Report

jjstreic| Post time 2-19-2019 12:54:25 | Show all posts
The issue isn't that I can't charge the tablet.  The original charger works fine and there are several other chargers I can use to charge the tablet.  Rather it seems that modern (PD perhaps?) chargers do _not_ work with the tablet.  Just wondering if this was a "just me" issue or not.    Based on Nassau's post, this seems endemic to the tablet, not the user.  ;)

Not the hugest deal, I have many chargers and adapters, but it is a shame the tablet cannot use the fastest chargers out there.

Thanks!
Thanks!

Use magic Report

dogshome| Post time 4-16-2019 10:45:59 | Show all posts
Genuine Samsung charger puts over 3A in. My multifunction smart charger gets about 2.5A (on a longer cable). It's a big battery though so 2 hours or more at these sorts of current, more if dead flat. This is exactly as per USB specification at 5V.

Use magic Report

dogshome| Post time 4-16-2019 10:49:11 | Show all posts
Genuine Samsung charger puts over 3A in. My multifunction smart charger gets about 2.5A (on a longer cable). It's a big battery though so 2 hours or more at these sorts of current, more if dead flat. This is exactly as per USB specification at 5V.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list