ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware W10 blue screen on boot: do I need to reinstall it?

Follow Us

[Hi10 Pro] W10 blue screen on boot: do I need to reinstall it?

[Copy link]

MR75|Post time:3-3-2019 00:14:54 View:220|Reply:5

Hi everyone,
Windows 10 on my Hi10 pro suddenly stopped to boot: blue screen with error message regarding pcmcia.sys.
Android works correctly.
I tried W10 rescue option (with official W10 ISO on usb pen), but no option fixed it.
Do I need to re-install W10? and if so, do I need to re-install it by files on official Chuwi page (model s/n HQ64G42180303972).
Official download page shows W10 image and Android image: so is it ok to download only W10 and manage it?

Thanks everyone

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-16-2019 15:09:31 | Show all posts
To restore Windows you do not have to touch Android at all. If you do it with the Windows of the forum you must ensure that you download the correct version that must always be the one immediately before the serial number of your tablet. Yours is March 2018 (G42_1803), so you must download the previous link if the exact version is not available.
To install it, you only have to turn on the connected pendrive and press F7 intermittently until the boot selection menu appears. In it, choose the pendrive and start an automatic process that will end with the installation of Windows.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

MR75| Post time 2-17-2019 23:38:45 | Show all posts
Thanks for your reply.
Another question. Currently, installed W10 version was 1803, and W10 update service didn't show me the possibility to install the newer version (1809). Maybe is it because of lack of free space (18-20Gb available) or simply is Hi10pro not supported yet?
Is there some way to install 1809 version on H10 pro?

thank in advance!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-18-2019 03:07:18 | Show all posts
MR75 replied at 2-18-2019 08:38
Thanks for your reply.
Another question. Currently, installed W10 version was 1803, and W10 update s ...

With 20 GB free is enough for the installation of the 1809 version what happens is that sometimes the updates do not skip automatically or Windows Update does not offer the possibility to update.
If you are interested in doing so, you only need to download a pendrive with Windows 10 with the media management tool from the official Microsoft website. Keep in mind that everything you have in the pendrive will be removed. Once you have it, being inside Windows and with the pendrive connected, go to the file browser and on the pendrive select setup. The installation program will start and in the menu select update Windows.

Use magic Report

MR75| Post time 3-2-2019 05:55:06 | Show all posts
Edited by MR75 at 3-2-2019 06:26

Hi!
I tried the W10 re-install (via official Chuwi image): I chose my Pendrive but process stopped at once, on Chuwi logo screen: 2 of the spinnig dots appeared, but then it freezed. After about 10mins, it restarted.
I tried with different pendrive, same results.
Any ideas? maybe some corrupted file ?
Is it possible to use a W10 microsoft official ISO (1809), instead of Chuwi's one?
I tried to boot from that ISO (1809) and it seemed to work: I went flawlessly till time to choose in which partition install W10. Here it showed up something like 15 partitions: N.14 is windows.  What could happen if I select to "override" this partition? W10 informs me that all exisiting Win file will be eventually moved into windows.old. But Chuwi dual boot will work again?

Thank in advance

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 3-3-2019 00:14:54 | Show all posts
MR75 replied at 3-2-2019 14:55
Hi!
I tried the W10 re-install (via official Chuwi image): I chose my Pendrive but process stopped a ...

If you decide to install with a Windows ISO pendrive, you should bear in mind that afterwards you will need to install drivers from non-Intel devices so that everything works correctly. You can download these drivers from the official forum. During the installation, at the moment the program asks you, where you want to install Windows, you will have to delete the partitions 12, 13, 14 and 15 and indicate as the destination of the installation the unallocated space that results after having deleted those partitions. You do not have to format anything.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list