ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Hi 12 drains of power and charges slowly

Follow Us

Hi 12 drains of power and charges slowly

[Copy link]

Bonic1990|Post time:5-11-2019 03:44:01 View:199|Reply:4

Edited by Bonic1990 at 4-1-2019 23:20

Hey everybody,

Three month ago i bought a Chuwi Hi 12 at Banggood. One month ago problems arised. Before that the tablet worked just fine. Despite charging, the tablet drains of power when it is used (even in the "Battery-Saving-Mode", when almost no programs are running and with the lowest brightness). It takes around 24h or more for a full charge. I use the charger provided by Chuwi together with the tablet but i also have the same problems with other chargers

I thought the problems were caused by a Windows Update (the computer is only single boot although it was advertised to be a dual boot). That is why i reset Windows. I got the "unkown user" problem, which seems to be a bug of Chuwi Hi 12. I fixed it by flashing Windows from a stick. The "battery-problems" are not solved anyways.

I already contacted the technical support of Banggood but it is not helpful at all. They sending me generic answers to my questions. Lastly, they said that the battery problems are caused by a defect drive and i should return my tablet back to China in order to repair it (which is kind of expensive as i am living in Germany and have to pay all the shipping costs on my own).

So my questions: Did someone experienced the same problems? How did you fixed it? Is it likely that that the problems are caused by a hardware problem (the drive) or by a software problem?

Use magic Report

andrewsteves| Post time 4-21-2019 21:17:49 | Show all posts
Edited by andrewsteves at 4-21-2019 21:19
Posted by Bonic1990
Re: Hi 12 drains of power and charges with_essaytyper_slowly
Hey everybody,

Three month ago i bought a Chuwi Hi 12 at Banggood. One month ago problems arised. Before that the tablet worked just fine. Despite charging, the tablet drains of power when it is used (even in the "Battery-Saving-Mode", when almost no programs are running and with the lowest brightness). It takes around 24h or more for a full charge. I use the charger provided by Chuwi together with the tablet but i also have the same problems with other chargers

I thought the problems were caused by a Windows Update (the computer is only single boot although it was advertised to be a dual boot). That is why i reset Windows. I got the "unkown user" problem, which seems to be a bug of Chuwi Hi 12. I fixed it by flashing Windows from a stick. The "battery-problems" are not solved anyways.

I already contacted the technical support of Banggood but it is not helpful at all. They sending me generic answers to my questions. Lastly, they said that the battery problems are caused by a defect drive and i should return my tablet back to China in order to repair it (which is kind of expensive as i am living in Germany and have to pay all the shipping costs on my own).

So my questions: Did someone experienced the same problems? How did you fixed it? Is it likely that that the problems are caused by a hardware problem (the drive) or by a software problem?

Hey there,

Have you tried to change the charger? I had a similar issue with my Chuwi Hi 12. I bought a new charger and it was working ok. However, I also updated the ACPI firmware just in case there could be something wrong with it too. But it didn't live long anyway - I broke it accidentally and had to order a new one (this time it was Cube i7 Book).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Bonic1990| Post time 5-10-2019 10:48:31 | Show all posts
*Push*. Did somebody experienced an improvement after BIOS Update. I am really frustrated as i ordered at Banggood and have therefore practically no gurantee.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 5-10-2019 22:57:59 | Show all posts
Bonic1990 replied at 5-10-2019 19:48
*Push*. Did somebody experienced an improvement after BIOS Update. I am really frustrated as i order ...

There are usually no BIOS updates for tablets. Flashing a BIOS incorrectly may cause the Tablet to lock.

If you have a one year warranty in China with the Banggood store, if the purchase was made with PayPal you can contact them to see if they can include you in the promotion return shipping costs by sending the product back to China for repair, or replacement.

Use magic Report

Bonic1990| Post time 5-11-2019 03:44:01 | Show all posts
Ok thank you both for your response.

I have already contacted PayPal. Contacting Banggood customer service is meaningless. They sending generic answers and give me promises which they can not hold in order to play for time until the gurantee expires. I already tried to sent the tablet back to china (and spent a lot of money trying this) but its not possible to sent products with Lithium-Ion batteries (=dangerous goods) from germany to china. Next week i will contact the german custumer protection office in order to get legal references (what Banggood does in my case is fraud under european law).  

But back to topic. Can someone sent me the link with the Chuwi Hi12 Windows version and the drivers?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list