Freebook 2023 free storage slot?

Hello. As I face problem using linux on current storage - Airdisk (described in my other post), I’m considering to attach a second drive for system. I saw somewhere information that this laptop has second empty m2 port. Can you confirm this ? Is it SATA or PCIE port ?

It only has one slot, but is PCie, 2280,you can update to 1GB.

As more people will read this, I just updated this week all the specifications this is the link to all products we currently are selling.

If someone also want to to tell me that still need more info can write me and i will update more. I will also post it in the forum.

On this video review man presents 2 disks (sata3 and pcie), isn’t it the same machine? video you can watch here:

Yes and no, its not the same,that one has N5100 and that model yes , it has 2 slots. But the current model we are selling is N100, which has one slot. I checked in Eu store and still have the N5100 model(there must be some remaining stock).But in Spain store not selling anymore just N100.
i realized this is going maybe to create some issues because maybe people will confuse them.
we also had in the past other model with i3-1215U which only had 1 slot.

So for people who will read me in future.Make sure the proccessor (i3 1215U/N5100/N100) it has before you buy, is possible you see some remaining stock in other platforms like Aliexpress, Amazon etc…and go to youtube because we have videos of the three of them that were done by these influencers

The model which will stay for sure this year is N100.

Then do you see any chance to get in touch with Airdisk tech guys to get details regarding nvme driver so that linux guys can make this disk working properly ? I sent them email, but there is only sales contact on their website and they didn’t reply.

lets invoke @leledumbo to see if he has any idea on how to try this?

Can give me the exact moder of SSD Airdisk? so i will have more info about and try to ask tech if possible can talk with Airdisk, but i dont promise anything as we normally dont do anything with linux.

Never heard of Airdisk before, but I don’t see any SSD in their product page, only NAS and HDD enclosure:

Unlike, say, wireless cards, where every card requires a specialized driver, NVMe is a standard spec. The single NVMe driver should work across every NVMe drive in existence. Unless… the manufacturer does something non-standard. I see you’ve reported upstream and there’s a comment there that’s inline with mine.

I won’t waste my time making the drive to work and instead just use another drive. The KPART512GBC2DVT from Huawei that comes with my MiniBook X N100 behaves correctly, no problem at all, I don’t even use the latest 6.8.0rc2 kernel as you’ve tried since it works even with 6.1.

My Minibook X N100 has an Airdisk branded SSD and works fine with Ubuntu 24.04 dialy build.

If this is true, then the possibility leads more to faulty hardware. But heck, even the same SKU can come with different SSD brand?

It is clear that parts vary for the same model. Look at product support: for the same model it is based on a range of serial numbers. I agree that in general those ranges could be distinguished by SKU.

/dev/nvme0n1 /dev/ng0n1 NEF011R002682P110N AirDisk 512GB SSD

Then I don’t know what to think about this issue. I’m already on kernel 6.8.0-rc5, tried earlier stable ones and still same issue.MVNE freezes at random times and system can not get it up again. I have to force reboot and then it works sometimes for an hour, sometimes for a few until next freeze. It’s really annoying.

I know it may seem weird. But can you install a windows in a partition, and see if you have the same issue with the SSD¿ if its hardware issue it should also fail on windows right?

I would say its not hardware issue. I worked the whole day on Windows today and this didn’t happen. Another story is that working the whole day in Windows is really painful. My soul is beeding.

Then its software if Windows has no problem. The thing is as my tech do not do anything on Linux, i cant help much in this issue. I hope more customers that may be had the same issue, would be able to give some more info.