Freebook nvme controller issue

Hello
I just bought a Freebook and without testing with Windows (its not an option for me) installed Linux Fedora. The laptop hangs at random cases - lets say once per hour. System log indicates disk issues, but not sure if its hardware failure or kernel / driver compatybilities. I dont have windows anymore to control if this happens on windows too.
Have added this boot option: “nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off”, but it didn’t help. Has anybody had similar issue ?

Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	04	kern	warning	kernel: nvme nvme0: controller is down; will reset: CSTS=0xffffffff, PCI_STATUS=0x10
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	04	kern	warning	kernel: nvme nvme0: Does your device have a faulty power saving mode enabled?
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	04	kern	warning	kernel: nvme nvme0: Try "nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0 pcie_aspm=off" and report a bug
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	06	kern	info	kernel: nvme 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	03	kern	err	kernel: nvme nvme0: failed to set APST feature (8194)
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	06	kern	info	kernel: nvme nvme0: 4/0/0 default/read/poll queues
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	03	kern	err	kernel: nvme0n1: I/O Cmd(0x1) @ LBA 678808784, 8 blocks, I/O Error (sct 0x0 / sc 0x6) 
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	03	kern	err	kernel: I/O error, dev nvme0n1, sector 678808784 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
Jan 31 17:37:06	adam-lap	kernel	04	kern	warning	kernel: EXT4-fs warning (device nvme0n1p5): ext4_end_bio:343: I/O error 10 writing to inode 12977439

Hello, we dont have Drivers for linux. Or updates as we do not work with it. But if you tell me your exact Freebook model and serial number i can provide the windows instalation and drivers maybe… Its in the label on the back. You can make a picture.

Regarding Windows, I just wiped efi. System partition is still there, so it’s question of recovering bootloader. I need to do this in order to test whether it’s not motherboard / hard disk issue.
I have very bad experience about Windows, therefore I’m concerned to have this resolved on Linux.

This is the windows

Drivers:

Maybe @manonegra222 can help you on installing correctly windows and setup.

Did you updated also de SSD?

The Windows room contains all the drivers so, when booting from a pendrive with the Windows room, the installation process will start automatically and you will end up with the device the same as you received it back in the day. Put the download files, unzip them, on a pendrive that you must rename to Winpe and turn on the device with it on and pressing F7 intermittently until the boot selection menu appears, there choose the pendrive

Hello. The problem is not related to OS. Today it worked on desk the whole day with no issue. The disk is getting offline if you move the laptop while its on - for example while holding it on knees. I also noticed that the disk produces similat sound to old - plate type hdd. Not sure if its right, all the rest is super silent.

Is it possible that the SSD storage unit is not seated perfectly and may move when used in more unstable situations?

But i think it should be possible to evoke the issue by intentional shaking - this doesnt happen. I dont know what to think. Maybe electrostatics matter. For sure it doesnt happen when laptop stands on the table.

I have played a little on this issue and the conclusion is that Linux kernel - even the latest 6.8.0 rc 2, can not properly manage power states of the drive. Do you have a chance to contact nvme drive vendor (airdisk) and ask if they have any experience about the problem ? Maybe there is newer firmware or so. Their website is Chinese only - difficult to find any information.