HeroBox limited to 100Mb ethernet

Can’t definitively say LAN is hardware issue, but my house router & switches are GB throughout. Most rooms were wired with CAT 5e or CAT 6 cabling. All jacks pass on RJ-45 test meter. Hero Box plods along at any jack in house and all other devices get full duplex GB at same locations.

Hero WiFi is out-dated Intel AC-3165 chipset - intro’d in 2014 and Intel’s own spec site says it maxes at 433 Mbps for 5GHz. When 10 ft from my AC-1900 router, it will hit that. Plugging in a USB WiFi dongle with a more recent Realtek chipset gets me 867 Mbps at same distance from router.

I planned to use the Hero Box as a HTPC and A/V storage server for the rest of the house. Streaming a single instance is not an issue, even with the crippled hardware. Transferring a TB+ of files would have taken 2-5 times longer and streaming to 2 or 3 devices at once not pretty.

Currently have both onboard WiFi and LAN networking “disabled” in Windows and am running on USB 3 to GB dongle which gives me full duplex GB and 2-3 times the file transfer speed of the built-in LAN or WiFi.

I also find it very interesting that this thread has been open so long without ANY feedback from ChuWi