HeroBox limited to 100Mb ethernet

I guess they learned how to make a pretty box, now they should learn how to make a proper cooling system.

You have probably saved me some $$$, thanks!

Well, I report the same problem. No way to get Gigabit speeds out of this ethernet port. Does anyone have some feedback from the support?

I received an email last week from support stating:
“ due to this coronavirus, all of our colleague will come back at feb 20th.”

We’ll just have to wait it out it seems.

Bumping this thread… anyone ever get a response on this? The 100Mbps on Ethernet is very limiting.

Looks like RMC did some investigating and found that it’s a hardware issue with no resolution. I have been using a USB ethernet adapter to provide Gb speeds. While not a reslution, it at least is an easy workaround.

Pretty disappointed with the terrible wifi, ethernet and terrible throttling under load. Not only that but the USB-C port, without any jostling at all, has become mostly unrealible. A sneeze 15’ away can cause a loss of connection and I would imagine it’ll will stop working within a month or two. Terrible product with no support.

My LAN card is also limited to 100 Mbps on the built in card. This is false advertising, and taking customers for a ride.

I’ve verified by using a USB to 1Gps external card that with the same network cable I can get a higher connection, but still when I run network test on the GBox I only get like 600 Mbps upload, and 800 Mbps down speed, whereas other PCs on the network get a full 1 GBps up and down.

So sad … the product looks nice on the outside, but I feel like I’ve been taken for a ride.
Now I have to use the external LAN card and my cabling setup looks ghetto and I have to use one of my USB3 ports for it.