Hi10 Max replacement battery

My battery in my Chuwi Hi10 Max as expanded and pushed out the screen. I would like to purchase a replacement battery for the tablet. How do I purchase a replacement battery? The screen is already off the tablet and the battery is already accessible. I just need to swap out the inflated battery for a new one.

Does any one know where to purchase a replacement battery for my Chuwi Hi10 Max? I tried Aliexpress already but no one seems to carry it.

I’ll tell you about my experience: I bought the replacement on AliExpress from the seller SupStone, but I had to modify it. If you connect the battery exactly as it arrives, you will fry your Chuwi because the board and wiring are different. The solution is to swap the internal controller board from your original battery to the new replacement and discard the one that comes with the AliExpress battery, as it won’t work; from the purchase, basically only the batteries are useful. It is a delicate process to make this electronics swap, but I couldn’t find another option since the official store doesn’t sell this replacement.

2 Likes

I ended up buying the battery directly from Chuwi support. It cost 25 USD for the battery plus another 22 USD to deliver to my country. It was a direct replacement for my battery and very easy to swap out.

I do see that there are a couple of vendors on AliExpress that sell the battery. I didn’t realize there would be a difference between the one from Chuwi and the one from AliExpress. How did you realize that you needed to swap the electronics first?

1 Like

Well, I’m referring specifically to that seller. Still, before installing the batteries, it’s always a good idea to check that everything is working properly.

During my tests, I noticed that voltage was being supplied to the signal lines, so I decided to take a closer look at the batteries themselves.

As it turned out, the internal circuitry of the batteries had a different pinout. So, I decided to use only the two battery cells and install them on the original board, keeping the original connector as well. Fortunately, it worked perfectly.

That said, I would much rather buy directly from CHUWI, even if it costs a little more, simply because you’re getting the original part.

Unfortunately, CHUWI’s customer service leaves a lot to be desired, which is exactly why I hesitated to buy directly from them, especially after my own bad experience. When I first unboxed my Hi10 Max, the USB-C port on the charger was already short-circuited. It almost felt like they had packed it that way on purpose, as if to say, “Well, whatever, too bad.” However, I eventually gave up on the return process when I found out I would have to pay for return shipping, on top of barely getting any communication from their support team.

Honestly, buying directly from CHUWI like you did is probably the best way to go, but I don’t think I have that much patience haha.

1 Like

Well, this is my second Chuwi Windows tablet. I had the Ubook Pro previously and it also had a swollen battery after a few years of use. In that instance, the swollen battery cracked the screen. So I had to replace both the battery and screen which Chuwi support sent to me. I guess I have had good luck with Chuwi support to get replacement parts but they do tend to take a little while to get to me.

I’m actually interested in getting the 125u version of the Hi10 Max. Chuwi is one of the very few vendors that make inexpensive Windows tablets. My N100 version is feeling a bit taxed out.

You said ‘after a few years of use’. Does that mean they they replaced both battery and screen for free and OUT of warranty?

No, I paid for both the battery and screen (plus shipping) as they were already out of warranty. Sorry, if I implied anything else.

I just wanted to mention that Chuwi support was fairly quick to respond and handled the replacement shipment promptly.