Hi10 X Micro SD Card Reader Failure

Hi there,
Can anyone help? My Hi10 X that I’ve only had since April seems to have an issue with the Micro SD Card reader. It was working fine last week but has suddenly stopped working.

I have tried various other cards and all of them can be read with another PC or Micro SD Card Adapter.

Windows doesn’t play the acknowledgement sound when the card is inserted and it does not appear under disk management.

I have tried a fresh install of Windows 10 and used the Chuwi Hi10 X image provided in this forum but still no working reader.

I have also a Pen Drive Linux that used to see the SD Card and that no longer see’s it anymore.

Can anyone think of something I haven’t tried.

Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

Tim

This happened to me the other day,
fortunately everything returned to normal later on…
My thoughts are the hardware overheated, after-all, it does get quite hot at the top left hand side (in landscape mode)

A me non ha funzionato da subito.
Ho guardato nel bios e ho notato che la voce scc è disabled, ma cambiando lo stato in enable ed uscendo dal bios salvando non cambia niente, ritorno nel bios e ritrovo la voce disabled. Qualcuno può dare qualche consiglio visto che chuwi non mi risponde alle mail?

grazie

This problem was common in tablets, of any brand, dualboots with Windows and Android, and it had no solution. I don’t think it is a software problem since Hi10X only has Windows and it makes me think that the problem may be a hardware problem, either because the reader has been damaged or it has been disconnected from the motherboard. Another possibility would be a Bios problem.
I advise you to write to service@chuwi.com detailing your problem