USB port are powered in hibernation state (I see status led of my USB hub on and Mouse light on !). How can I turn off power supply ? BIOS settings ???
Disable USB Ports in Hibernation Mode
Method 1: Enable / Disable Power Saving on USB Ports
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- When the Device manager window opens, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch, then right-click the USB Root Hub device and select Properties
- Click the Power Management tab. If you want USB ports to keep supplying power in sleep mode, just uncheck “ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power “. Or check it to let Windows turn off USB ports to save power.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all of the USB Root Hubs on the computer.
Note: Windows will clear the check box “ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ” when the device is unplugged from the USB port or the PC is restarted. To keep this from happening, use the method below to disable USB selective suspend setting.
Method 2: Enable / Disable USB Selective Suspend Setting
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type powercfg.cpl and press Enter.
- When the Power Options window opens, click the Change plan settings link to the right of your current power plan.
- Click the “ Change advanced power settings ” link.
- Expand the “ USB settings ” and then expand “ USB Selective suspend setting “. Set it to Disabled if you want to stop Windows from powering down any connected USB devices.
- Click Apply to save your changes.