How to install Windows 11 on a MiniBook X 2023 (N100)? (solved)

I might have missed it, but how can Windows 11 be installed on a Minibook X 2023? Where can I find the instructions to install Windows 11 according to Chuwi? Are the Windows and driver packages on the Chuwi website up to date for the following serial number:

ZMinBXHY4H230901126

Cheers, Jaap

PS There is nothing wrong with the Minibook. But in another topic I mentioned erasing the disk of the Minibook. The method I normally use to install Windows 11 failed:
-Create USB flash disk with Microsoft Windows Media creator
-Add MiniBook drivers to the disk
-Boot and follow the instructions

I send you here everything : maybe @manonegra222 can guide you better?

Windows:(英文)DNN20_CHUWI_NA105Y_VC3_64Home22H2_11_英德俄法韩葡日西意简中繁中_AX101_ALC269_UP2134_2023-08-24

Drivers:

Installation Instructions:

Thank you so much.

The documentation is clear.

I will let you know when finished installing.

Cheers, Jaap

1 Like

Unfortunately the installation ended before completing re-imaging:

WinRE NO
WinOS:install.wim

“Unknown image version”

Cheers, Jaap

@manonegra222 probably knows the problem :wink:

Thanks for your quick response.

Most probably the first and second time I tried to create an installation disk there were errors on the disk or during decompression of the zip file. But the third time worked.

The system is now updating Windows 11 and later on I will check the drivers you sent.

A bit off topic, but in future you might consider to ship hardware that is compliant with the standard Microsoft Windows installation process instead of distributing images for specific serial numbers.

It may cost more to do deliver such compatible hardware, but could also save on support costs as well as improve customer satisfaction.

Cheers, Jaap

Finally, the drivers you have sent are the same or older as the ones in the Windows 11 image.

Everything works as new!
:sunglasses:

Cheers, Jaap

You mean install the parts inside the computer that may be more compatible with windows right?
Well i will note it, unders the big list of requests i get from customers in all online webs, i usually pass it to my colleagues to read it. But i cannot promise anything :wink:

I meant the possibility to use the standard Microsoft Windows installation process for end users.

For all computers I have I can download Windows from Microsoft, install it, and get basic functionality like screen, keyboard and usb storage.

Indeed, after installation I might have to install drivers from the vendor to optimize the computer.

No need for promises. You decide your own product marketing policy.

Cheers, Jaap

i understook now, thank you for the explanation <(

All computer manufacturers use Windows-compatible processors and devices and install standard Windows on them, just like the one you can download from the official Microsoft website. This Windows comes with drivers by default for a large number of devices and peripherals, but not for all. What happens is that the manufacturers of devices and peripherals (graphics cards, sound cards, screens, network cards…) provide their own drivers for better performance and for them to work correctly with Windows. Perhaps the easiest thing is that Chuwi provides, either within the package with the laptop or tablet on a pendrive or through a link in the cloud, the software installed on the equipment.

Agree that you provide Windows images and it works well, for now.

I see you have images for batches of serial numbers. The fact that we have to ask for these images in this forum could mean you have problems to maintain your support site. I also think the reason we cannot install vanilla Windows is because you do not have your drivers signed. So Microsoft will never include them.

It is your marketing decision, however I love your little Minibook, appreciate the personal support, and as soon as Ubuntu 24.04 is released I will replace Windows.

Cheers, Jaap

To be honest the Chuwi page to download drivers, was a problem because many customers were deciding to download others. and later gave a lot of issues. So finally Chuwi decided either to provide by email or here in the forum
I really want to make a post in each computer thread where i can post the batch numbers plus the specific Software but so far i have not been able to do it because it will take me weeks. And it needs to be done carefully. I will do it because its extremely neccesary.
i really loved the idea of adding the drivers in a pendrive for each computer. Plus a manual to install and so…I am going to propose it. And see if it could be done.

Also got an error with the Recovery Image. Maybe CHIWI should review it on actual hardware?
Because a had the error “Base image not found”.

From the mistakes I made:
Did you check for errors while extracting the compressed file?
Did you check for errors copying to the Flash drive?
Did you eject the Flash drive and waited for the status ejected?

Cheers, Jaap

Sure. 7-zip showed no errors. Also no errors while copying the files over.
Then safe eject.

The initial error said “No applicable image found in tne Public folder” or something similar, so i moved the *.wim file over to the public folder. The same message appeard, so i tried to move it to Public/x64 subdirectory. No luck also.

did you use the same files i provided? because different serial numbers have different software. Give me your serial number and i send you

Here are my serial number, the recovery file I’m using (figured out that i had to name my flash drive WINPE), but after 3% I’m still getting an error.
For now i tried redownloading the archive and used two different flash drive with and a dongle (type a to type c), without it (usb c flash drive). No luck.

Edit2. Okay. Figured it out. Intenso and SanDisk are a piece of garbage.
An old Kingston drive was able to do it. Just used a straight usb-c to usb-a cable (no hubs).

Yes, I had similar errors caused by the mistakes listed before. Next time you may want to copy the files from pc to flash disk with xcopy and use the /v switch to verify the files copied.

@behindjuly
I send you the files just in case

Drivers