What's the latest BIOS for the Minibook X N100?

Dear Forum Members,

a few days ago I got a Minibook X N100. The BIOS it came with is:

BIOS version 09/22/2023 / DNN20 V2.17 x64

I noticed there are barely any settings that can be made within this BIOS, apart from function keys, boot priority, Fastboot and Secureboot. So I was wondering if there is a more current BIOS version available with more functionality.
Searching the download/support page I could only find a driver package for Windows, but no BIOS.

Thanks for any feedback!

Write to support@chuwi.com and see if they have anything to say on this.
Chances are less that thereā€™s any BIOS released thereafter what you currently have!

We donā€™t get new BIOS versions Iā€™m afraid. Remember, Chuwi is but a ā€œresellerā€ of ODMs - Chuwi themselves donā€™t design or manufacture these units, but simply customise a pre-existing design from an ODM catalog of machines. New BIOS versions from the manufacturer wonā€™t come unless there is a major functionality bug.

Note that restrictions are in place to stop people from tweaking and breaking their devices. Youā€™ll find this forum full of noobs pressing buttons, bricking their machines, then blaming Chuwi or ā€œsomeone on the internet that saidā€¦ā€

1 Like

I am curious who is the ODM manufacturer for the Minibook X?

Thanks for your replies!

Itā€™s to sad that we wonā€™t see an updated BIOS :frowning:
But I do not fully understand the restrictions argument. After all, most computers have a BIOS/UEFI with lots of functionality and people still donā€™t break their computers. Iā€™ve seen many PCs and Notebooks, but the Chuwi Minibook X has the most limited BIOS Iā€™ve ever come across.
I would have loved an option to limit loading of the battery (e.g. to 90 %) in favor of extending the overall battery life. But it is what it is. Still a really nice portable computer.

1 Like

My bios is V2.13 from 09/05/2023ā€¦
Wish to have newer cause i have problem with usb c connection to a display. It works but with one specific model of displays i have problem

Agreed, I too was surprised at the lack of BIOS options, but overall I think itā€™s a great machine. I love the size and the performance is incredible.

My Minibook X N100 got bios version DNN20 V2.09 x64. how can i upgrade the bios ?
thanks

I donā€™t think that would be easily answered, as itā€™s often a company undisclosed information. Even Chuwi themselves offer ODM/OEM services for others, so itā€™s like multi level abstraction.

@alanbb Why would you want to update the Bios ?(which is not recommended as many computers get problems after that ;). What kind of problem are you encountering?

@leledumbo Thank you for explainning better than i could :slight_smile:

support suad my 2.09 is latest. yours is newer than mine and my usb c to display not working also

usb c display wont work for me either

@alanbb im following your problem in your own thread, where i wrote. to not get lost :wink:

On the official Chuwi forum, users have been specifically asking about a BIOS update for the Minibook X N100 since January 2024. However, the moderators and Chuwi support havenā€™t confirmed any future updates yet.

1 Like

On a newly bought Minibook X I have newer dated bios with an older (!) version. Itā€™s DNN20A V2.03 from 12/28/2023

The ā€œAā€ means a bit different board revision, I suppose. Everything same as previous model, same 50 Hz screen (can be overclocked to 60/90 hz), but the RAM is slower now.

For previous model, people posted CPU-Z showing RAM at 2400 (2394 if exactly) frequency with 52-44-44-108 timings, but mine got RAM at 2000 (1995 if exactly) frequency (effective 4000) with 48-36-36-84 timings. Go figure!

thanks for giving that information