2023 Minibook X

屏幕截图 2023-09-03 205353
Maybe 15V 3A charge will work.
picture from chuwi offcial shop…

Olorinhenderson, thanks a lot for your extensive review. May I know how much you paid for the N5100 and the N100 model. I saw the N100 was on special sales for $299 couple weeks ago. I missed that time frame. Hope Chuwi can have a sale at that price again.

$299 seems like a decent price if you don’t need pen support. I paid a bit over $400 for the N5100 last year.

If there is a sales by Chuwi again, can someone please post it here to let us know? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the review.

The screen is a deal breaker for me, the origina minibook x has such an amazing screen, the only problem for me is the keyboard issue with ghost presses, which seems to be an issue with almost everybody using it with Linux (and it happens sometimes with windows still).

When i saw the new minibook x screen i got really disapointed.

Can you confirm that the keyboard issues were fixed in the newer version?

I’ve got two 2023 N100 minibook X… neither has any keyboard ghosting issues… (windows or linux).

I bought one recently during the 1111 sales. I paid about 300USD for the N100 version. I was surprised by the screen quality. It is bright and vivid. Much better than I have heard. The fit and finish is also surprisely good. By the way, can both port connect with a type-c to hdmi connector?

1 Like

I will answer this question myself base on the finding. The power port is for charging and data only. The second port is full function including display capability.

Is it normal to have a stuck pixel on the display? i bought mine brand new and it has not been one week with me and I noticed that it has a stuck pixel. Does it just go away over time or it needs to be returned?

I don’t think it’s normal. You might need to return it.

I don’t think it is dirt that is stuck under the glass like others have reported because in white backgrounds it disappears. I’m just afraid that it might spread out in the long run. I have already filed a return for the item hoping that they would replace it. Luckily the stuck pixel is way left of the screen so it will not bother you much but once you see it you can’t unsee it… still wondering why units like this gets pass inspection.

If you are sending back to EU warehouse, it might be okay to return. But if it is going to Hong Kong, there are several reports of not ever getting the product back. Please consider that.

No I bought mine in the philippines. And I have already scheduled it for return. But I am having doubts to whether I would still return it because honestly it is very small and way back to bezel of the display. It is just annoying to know that it is there. I had a great deal for it. And if I was to return it my vouchers or discounts will be for naught and will be non-reusable. I just hope that it will get unstuck in the future.

Any news regarding a possible new model of the Minibook X for 2024?

I don’t think there is going to be a new Minibook X in 2024. They just released the N100 model in the second half of last year. There is no new low cost Intel CPU to be released in 2024. And I don’t see a reason to update except for larger battery perhaps. The N100 is more than powerful enough.

Improvement of the screen (slimmer bezels for instance) and better battery life would be good improvements in a new version, even if the processor remains the same. Also a fingerprint reader.
By the way this N100 is really surprising. At least in single core tasks it behaves similar to my 6 year-old intel i7. I see no problem in continuing for another year with the same processor if it helps keep the costs down.

A bigger battery perhaps up to 38wh will be great. But I think it is hard for a slimmer bezel because there needs to have a webcam on the top. That’s why there is a hole in the 10.8" version. I think some people complaint about the new screen because of the comparison to the first version’s 10.8" which was a great display. But the 10.5" is not bad at all. Please remember the first version was like $450USD when it started. The new N100 is only about $300USD. So it is much more affordable than before. Some corners have to be cut.

Of course the current screen is usable. However the bezels in this day and age just feel ancient. Thinner bezels are kind of a must with laptops as small as this one, as maximizing the screen area is really important. Most people will gladly pay additional 100 USD if it’s really necesary to have a better screen and improved battery life.

To get thinner bezel, you will get a hole on the screen. I am not sure most people will prefer that. At least I don’t. But yeah, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I appreciate your comments. I am happy with Minibook X as it is except for battery life.

There will not be a Minibook 2024, Minibook X will still been sold and produced. If there will be future modifications is yet to be known :slight_smile: