Chuwi Hi10 X Tablet PC

Hello, can someone tell me how is the Chuwi Hi10 X Tablet PC, thank you.

Look on Notebookcheck.net for CHUWI …;

1 Like

I’ve got a Hi10 XR. This is probably the ultimate development of this style of convertible, it has N4120 with good single-core boost speed and 6Gb dual-channel RAM while others usually have older Atom Z8350 and single-channel 4Gb RAM. It also has Microsoft pen protocol stylus compatibility, so it works with Microsoft Surface Pen and others that are compatible, palm rejection and good sensitivity. Very thin and light, has the same five-pogo-pin magnetic connection to the clamshell keyboard, annoyingly all of the other similar clamshell keyboards have different tab centres so not physically compatible. Compared to the older 10" convertibles with Z8300/Z8350 CPUs that I’ve had, this Chuwi is snappier, and the fully bonded screen is clear and quite bright. The battery gives four to five hours reliably, not the full day claimed by Chuwi, and the USB-C charge socket is 12V 2A, 24W, constant voltage, constant current, which makes it effectively a proprietary Chuwi charger format, faster charge than the others’ 15W micro USB, but no PD protocol royalties to pay. Other Chuwi products will charge with it, but you can rig up a connector like I did: a micro USB two-wire charge cable connected to 12V with a micro-USB female to USB-C-plug adapter. It’s not an ultrabook, but it’s a slightly better specification, well-built and good value compared to similar convertibles. I like that it’s using the same stylus format as some of my other PCs, I wish Chuwi had done the same with Minibook.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the information, you have been very helpful :+1:

My boy has been using this tablet since January. While is working is a great tablet however now and then it keep crashing. Mainly when hot - he is not playing game. Use only on study, drawing and watching youtube.
Next time I think I would add some more money and go for somewhere with better customer services and where the item I buy is more reliable.

1 Like

a rip off, I bought it and after installing the various software that I normally use, I used it for about a month. Suddenly it no longer lit up, it was not possible to find a repairer and even the suggestion to send him to Spain (I live in Italy) was not possible. Conclusions for normal use it is fine, if it fails (after a short period of operation) you have to throw it away with everything in it

1 Like

Do not buy any Chuwi products based on my personal experience

2 Likes