CoreBook X mosquito noise when select lower brightness(solved)

My new CoreBook X (i3 1215u) has very annoying mosquito-like noise when i turning down the display brightness. (Lower brightness - Louder noise) Is there a way to fix this? Unfortunately i cannot return CoreBookX for now, because i very rely on it, so i need to deal with this annoying noise somehow

1 Like

Hi, i have the same model and the same issue.
I read about using the INTEL utility at the maximum brightness to low the contrast and to adjusts the color, but the results are not the same than lowering the screen brightness.
Hope anybody will have some kind of mitigation/solution.
Thanks.

@karle @vard Can you guys give me the serial numbers of your computers? so i can ask here if they can check?

1 Like

@ChuwiSpainSupport ,
Hi, can I safely post my machine S/N here or there is a way to send you in PM?
Thanks!
Have a good day!

This is a high-pitched noise caused by electrical components vibrating under load. It’s more common in laptops under heavy workloads, but could potentially be present at lower brightness settings due to changes in power draw.

@alexcray @ChuwiSpainSupport @vard
Hi and thanks for the detailed answer.
The noise is always present when the PC is running even when it is not under load with CPU in idle. As @alexcray say the noise gone when the screen brightness is set to the highest level. The noise at low brightness levels is always present with both Windows 11 and Linux Arch. I would attach a sample of the noise, but as a new user I can’t.
Do you know if there is a way to mitigate?
Maybe with a BIOS setting or with a minimal hardware rework?
Thanks and have a good day.

is there a way you can upload a video?in which it can be heard the noise? so i can send it to tech? you can safely post the serial number, no one will do anything with it :wink:

@ChuwiSpainSupport
Thank you very much,
my PC S/N is:
JCorBXIY10H23090535

The noise sample is taken with my phone on the back of the laptop under the keyboard, where is louder.

I upload the audio file here:

Thanks and have a good day!

@ChuwiSpainSupport
Sorry you ask for a video…

Here you have:

Thank and have a good day!

got it, will ask tomorrow

for next time, if someone read this, i activated the option to upload videos in the forum, so now would be easier, in the post you have the arrow up.

1 Like

@karle @vard

It seems we had this issue before and they made a patch . You have here the files.

bios:POORD001552异常声修复不清KEY BIOS - VB6

Tutorial: bios英文教程

1 Like

@ChuwiSpainSupport
Thank you very much!!
That’s great!
As soon as I will arrive home i will apply the patched Bios and let you know.

Have a good day!

@ChuwiSpainSupport
Thank you very much!!!
I just flashed the patched BIOS, and the issue is gone; no more noise at LCD low brightness settings.
Problem solved, well done!!!
Great support!!

Have a good day!

im glad to hear that¡

If you found the solution on a forum specifically related to the CoreBook X, consider posting a reply detailing the steps that worked for you. This can help future users searching for the same issue.

2 Likes

@alexcray
Yes, you are right.

Model: CoreBook X (2023)
CPU: I3-1215U
RAM: 16GB
Storage: 512GB

I simple followed the instruction that @ChuwiSpainSupport Maria Isabel gives to me.

1. Download the patched BIOS here:
    Bios-VB6
  2. Download the detailed instructions:
    Tutorial Bios
  3. Follow the tutorial to make a bootable USB key and to perform the BIOS update.

Essentially:
3a. Format a USB flash disk into the format of “FAT32”and rename it as “WINPE”.
3b. Unzip the “BOIS-VB6” archive file and copy all the extracted files to the root directory of the USB flash disk.
3c. The picture in the tutorial document is the reference, the BIOS file is based on the actual downloaded BOIS file.
3d. Put the USB flash disk to the laptop. Make sure that the laptop is off and then press the power button, at the same time, please click the “F7” button continuously to enter the boot menu mode.
3e. Choose the USB Key and hit “enter”. When the BIOS is finished flashing, please take off the USB flash disk to avoid flashing BOIS again.

1. Once the Bios flash procedure is finished the CorebookX will remains powered off. Remove the USB key and turn the PC on with the power button. The first time you turn it on it will take a while and then the “Chuwi” logo will appear.
  2. Noise will be gone!

Have a good day!

1 Like

Hello! I have the same problem with my CoreBook X i3-1215u. My BIOS version is ADL_P_IDL525_S_S11_V0.59.13. Can I use the patch from this topic? Are there any serial number dependencies here?

@Reactor
tell me your serial number

JCorBXIY9H230900162

Yes you can use it, its in the same batch

1 Like