Do you love Linux over Windows? if you do, why?

Every time Chuwi releases a new device, we get a lot of people asking if it supports Linux. So, Linux fans, would you mind telling us why you like this operating system?

1 Like
  1. Light weight
  2. Terminal installation
1 Like

Safer than Windows for personal usage, not at enterprise level, though.

Better support for coder and more free opensource applications.

The UI is better than Windows.

1 Like

Linux is not as vulnerable as Windows. It is a lot more secure.

1 Like

Linux, you will not have to worry about re-installing it just to experience a faster and a smoother system.

1 Like

If a device supports Linux people can install their own version if they want to. This is in particular interesting when a device or a version of Windows is not being supported anymore. Also it can be better adjusted to the device and the needs of the users, especially making it more lightweight and faster.

1 Like

Parce que Linux est bien plus fluide que Windows; surtout sur des ordinateurs qui contiennent des processeurs à faibles puissances

1 Like

If your a programmer, then for you linux is the best as it runs faster and also it is open source unlike windows which is fully commercial.

canon printer error code 2 140 21

1 Like

I have been using windows my whole life, so I’m kinda more used to it.

I started using linux for some stuff on Virtual Machines, and I have liked it a lot. I think I should have a bit more experience for configuring everything ok, but I’m seriusly considering changing my OS to linux in not so long :wink:

1 Like

Linux is faster than Windows

Linux is way better than Windows in so many ways. I am doing a detailed research on this topic.

Once I finish the research then I will summary my point of discussion here if that is fine.

1 Like

Btw is there any plan of releasing any linux device?

Dear Management,

the minimum requirements for Microsoft Windows 10 have been growing since its initial release. This means that my Chuwi Hi 12 is no longer good enough for the most current build of Windows. Unfortunately there is no way to add more RAM nor internal disk to the Chuwi Hi 12.

From my point of view, I have to scrap my Chuwi Hi 12, or find a replacement operating system that works well with this device. This is where Linux steps in. Linux Mint works well however without a touch screen driver it is no fun at all. A touch screen driver for Linux Mint would eally help and bring new life to this device.

May I summarize: it is not about if we love Linux over Windows. It is simply about an operating system that fits to the device. All other operating systems failed: Windows needs too much ressources, and your Android version is outdated, with apps no longer supported.

Regards,
uloesch

1 Like