!HELP! CoreBook X RAM upgrade

I will going to upgrade my corebook x (new version) 8gb to 16gb. I would like to know which memory is supported.

Does DDR4 2400mhz for laptops work?

2400MHz should work.

3 Likes

Thank you for answering!

Hello all,

Just to confirm one thing. May I install a memory DDR4-2666Mhz? From what I know, it should work but limited to the 2400Mhz.

Regards,

Hi! What brand is the corebook x’s ram? Is it okay to use different brand like crucial? I want to add one more 8gb stick but don’t know from where brand should I get it.

The laptop has chips made by Spectek (Micron).
In most cases ddr4 memory is compatible with other brands, but if you use memory with a higher frequency there may be a problem. Most likely any memory from crucial with a frequency of 2400 will be compatible.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this. Will go for crucial 8gb 2400mhz ram stick :smile:

I have buyed Crucial 16 GB DDR4 2666 Mhz and Work Fine !
NOW I HAVE 24 GB !!! and WORK !

Did you add the ram on your own? Cause I can’t get the back cover off

Look the video on the forum is very easy …

Do not forget of the screws hidden below the rubber pads.

1 Like

All the 4 rubbers have hidden screws?

Only 2.

How to Upgrade CoreBookX RAM and How to Install Laptop Memory - Quick & Easy!!! - YouTube

There is a video on CHUWI official channel in Youtube.

1 Like

I second that. And don’t even need it, but it’s nice :slight_smile:

Hello,
I just installed Crucial RAM CT16G4SFRA266 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19, and got 24GB total RAM working fine, at 2400 MHz.

2 Likes

Tuviste que hacer algun cambio en la BIOS?? No me detecta RAM nueva y he probado varias marcas a 2400Mhz y 2666Mhz

I didn’t have to change anything. I just inserted the Crucial RAM CT16G4SFRA266 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 into the connector, closed the back of the laptop, and switched it on. The new memory was shown on the task manager.

1 Like

thanks hector, my laptop has not recognized 5 DDR memories that I have installed of different brands, capacities and speeds. You will have to contact the technical service

Regards

Enviado de Samsung Mobile
Enviado desde Outlook para Android

Como te decía, yo no tuve ningún problema, ninguna necesidad intervenir en la BIOS ni de contactar con el servicio técnico. Ni parece que otros usuarios que han ampliado la RAM hayan tenido ningún problema. Algunos, incluso, la han ampliado hasta un total de 40GB, sobrepasando el límite de 32GB indicado por Intel en las especificaciones del procesador i5-8259U.

Hello, Can I use GSkill Ripjaws 16gb DDR4-3200MHz SODIMM memory to upgrade the Ram of my laptop?