RAM memory upgrade

Hello.
Please advise how to add an extra 8G of RAM to the laptop. The bottom cover doesn’t have any slots and seems it needs to be taken off completely. And what is supported memory vendor/type for an upgrade

The frequency and size of memory must be the same, but the brand can be different.

1 Like

And how to install it? I don’t see any cover for the memory slot on the bottom. Do I need to disassemble it completely? Is there a manual on how to install RAM?

There is nothing special in the disassembly of this laptop, just unscrew all the screws (do not forget the two screws under the feet). And just remove the back cover.

The laptop with i5-7267U must have ddr4 2133 installed, and laptop with i5-8259U probably has ddr4 2400 (or the same as i5-7267U). If necessary, you can see the frequency in the Task Manager.

Also, be careful after disassembling the laptop, even if the laptop is turned off, the board is partially powered, so do not drop anything electrically conductive on it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reminder on the 2 screws under to rubber feet.

I was able to add 1 DDR4-2400 from Crucial to expand the memory to 16GB. I also swap out the NVMe for a 500GB WD Black as I wanted to install Ubuntu and also wanted to keep the original NVMe with Windows 10 until I am sure I’m going to stick to Ubuntu. So far everything is working as expected.

1 Like

Do you need to apply a bit of violence to get the cover off ? I just tried to add an additional memory module, but gave up. It seems to “stick” on the right and left side somewhat halfway around the Page up / down-keys.

Does your corebook x have a slot for the second nvme ssd.

Nope, there’s only room for additional memory. I just successfully added a 8 GB 2400 mhz module to double the memory.
Do remove the cover with care! I accidently broke the cabling for the USB port, but managed to get it working with a little duct-tape and love.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I did add a 16gb 2400 ram to get 24gb total ram and a 1tb ssd. I can now close it up and enjoy my corebook x.

Did you get the 24 GB RAM working? From other posts I had understood that the maximum RAM would be 16 GB (8 GB installed, plus 8 GB additional).

Yes, I have 24 GB RAM and works perfect!

That’s great, thank you! I’ll do that too!

Hi All,

I´ve just tried the Patriot 16G 2400Mhz DDR4 module (PSD416G240081S) in my Corebook X but it won´t boot (black screen and not even possible to access the BIOS). After removing the module everything works fine.

I´d appreciate if any of you could share the PN for 8G/16G (preferred) DDR4 modules that you are using to expand memory in your corebook X

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Hello, Can I install a DDR4-2666Mhz memory? So far I know, it would only limit the speed to 2400Mhz due to the mainboard limitations.

Hi All,

I successfully installed the crucial CT16G4SFRA266 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19. I could boot with no issues into win10.

Hope this helps.

Thanks gca, I believe the speed of this 16GB is limited to 2400Mhz, right?

Hi,

the module is 2666MHz but both in the bios and the WIN10 task manager I see 24GB @ 2400MHz. I was not able to find in the BIOS options to control the memory speed. hope this helps.

Also I would like to allocate the 128MB eDram to the CPU as L4 even if the IGPU is in use. Any idea whether this is possible at all?.

Cheers

If I am not wrong, the whole RAM (primary and additional) is as slow as the primary module.

Good day,

Any reason why you chose 16GB. If you can add 16GB, would it be possible to add 32GB RAM? This will bring the total RAM to 40GB.

I saw this available to buy:
Crucial RAM 32GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 Laptop Memory CT32G4SFD8266

Would this be compatible?

Hi,

my understanding is the i5-8259 max memory is 32G=16Gx2, meaning max so-dimm it can handle il 16G, therefore I did not try any 32G so-dimm. You may want to check Intel documentation.

Hope this helps