Hipad X pen support

Hello,

I would like to know which pens are supported by this tablet, on the promotional video it seems it is used with the h3 pen, I just would like to be sure before purchasing it. Also I would like to know if the hi6 and hi2 pens are supported.

Thanks in advance

i wanna buy this tablet too, but i could barely find any info on the internet. and this offical fourm dosen’t even have a section for this tablet.

hey, just got my HiPad X (came w/ a keyboard and a HiPen H3). From what I’ve tested, it seems like the tablet doesn’t actually support pressure-sensitive input (i.e. the stylus works just like a very thin finger - neither of the programs I had used fine with Huawei and Samsung active pens seem to react on pressure).

In addition, when enabling “S-Pen only” mode in some of those apps (used to prevent accidental drawing by fingers/palms) - they don’t react on stylus input at all.

I have had the same problem with my Hipad X and H3 pen it came with - there are a few apps that work with it (e.g. ArtFlow) but none of the mainstream ones do.
I have written to Chuwi support about it - but they told me there is nothing wrong with it, that it doesn’t register as a stylus in any of the big note-taking and drawing apps. This means to me we are SOL - next time I’ll know not to buy Chuwi, if I want to be able to properly draw.

but hi 3 pen also support some chuwi windows tablet, with plam rejection and pressure support. is it possible that the hardware is great but firmware suck?

Yes, but with manufacturers like Chuwi, this is almost always the case - they might give you something decent, but it is a coin flip if they are going to actually support it from the software side.

I sadly don’t have any other tablets with pressure support that I could test the pen with - I bought this Hipad X specifically to start experimenting with the drawing tablets, but I have learned my lesson: not to cheap out and buy something that not many people will use. I still hope that they will fix this with an upcoming update, but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

i’m gonna try to build my own android system(or chrome os) from bsp on github. i just send an email to customer service for stock firmware. if they could send me that, i could resure my tablet no matter what happend

1 Like

this firmware is wasting the good hardware. some tablet like Lenovo Duet, has much worse hardware but with more than 300$ price. nearly 2X of this tablet, which takes me 170 bucks, for those chinese company like chuwi, price is basically the only thing for them to compete with giant companies

they dont even have enough people to maintain the official forum. i mean, they probably should open a individual section for their new flagship tablet hipad x.

1 Like

If you write to service@chuwi.com with your serial number, they will send the stock firmware to you in a few days. I guess they don’t want it public, but will happily give it to you if you ask for it.
If you have any luck with the custom android, please let me know! It would be awesome.

1 Like

That’s a great plan! If you think I can help, contact me!

I am thinking about building a browser extension which enables pressure sensitivity for all websites, if it is not supported already. This would enable a lot of web applications.

Do keep us posted please :slight_smile:

I bought the pen and keyboard combo thinking the pen had full functions with this tablet and was greatly disappointed it didn’t. It’s pretty much a glorified dumb stylus that wastes a battery if you want to use it.
Also USB OTG is disabled when docked to the keyboard.

I highly doubt I’ll buy another Chuwi product.

1 Like

I am afraid it is not happening any more… I wrote to them and they did not send me anything…

hello!!! can you help me?

Hello:
Sorry for the Delay.
Can you tell me what is exactly the problem you are having, because this post is quite old. So i am not sure with which product and Pen you are having issues.

hello
communicating with Chuwi it has been so hard, roughly speaking it is one reply per week…
I sent many emails, a few got answered, with a few words making vague replies

history in brief:

1. I ordered from Chuwi (Order #EU5399) a Hipad X 10.1" Android 11 (T618) and a HiPen H7 Active MPP Stylus w/ 4096 Pressure Levels because datasheet said that they are compatible as in HiPen H7 Active MPP Stylus w/ 4096 Pressure Levels Power by Wacom| CHUWI

2. After my order, I send an email to Chuwi to confirm the compatibility, and then to my surprise they replied that it the products i purchased are not compatible.I know that I should have done that before ordering, however all I wanted was confirm something that it was written on product;s page.

3. Apart from the “…sorry for the inconvenience…” and the “…thanks for your understanding and cooperation…” reply from your colleague, I was ready to cancel the whole order and demand full refund due to misleading and false product information on your site.

4. However as I was in desperate need fo a tablet to use it in my work field I decided to keep the tablet and return the stylus.

5. I have received the tablet in an opened (???) envelope but did not receive the stylus. I emailed to Chuwi asking whether stylus was shipped separately and they replied

"Dear Konstantinos,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This is the Hipen H7 shipping number and you could please refuse the package.
Shipping number: 1Z3XA9986819272674
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Chuwi Store Support"
If the above reply implies a simple "YES we did sent the stylus separately " please make a note that, as for today 24/1/24, I have not received the stylus so that to refuse it and return to you, so that I can claim a refund for its value.

how and when will I get the refund by returning the stylus ( hoping that I will receive it first!..)?
6. I asked Chuwi whether I could firmware update my tablet so that stylus may be compatible but they replied that is not possible.

I hope you may be eventually of some assistance

The oxymoron is that I choose Chuwi because I primarily needed a tablet with stylus support. I am now very sorry about this and the “…sorry for the inconvenience…” reply is not adequate from a vendor

@kostas_1
1- I have been checking all your mails to support. And my collagues were answering you every 2 or 3 day. I also saw the image you sent as proof that we made a mistake on the descriptions. I am sorry for that, and i know its frustrating. I have been translating recently the Spanish site because soon we will have it for Spain and i had to check one by one the features, i can tell you is not as easy as it seems and i also corrected some mistakes. This is not an excuse, but everything is done by us, manually, so we make some human mistakes. Tomorrow i will tell to my Boss, to see if the person who modifies the page in English, can check all the products we have in case there is more mistakes. So this is not repeated again.

2-I will also note, that you said , we did not list anywhere all the products the HiPen is compatible. I will make a very clear chart for that,

3-I also checked on UPS webpage with the tracking number of the Pen, it says is returning back to the sender, that means us, i could not see much.I am Asking tomorrow the logistics. So if that is the case, is even good news because you did not want it. So its on its way back.

My question is;

Do you still want to keep the Tablet? Or Instead do you want me to ask for sure which ones are fully compatible so you can return that tablet and choose a different model which has Pen and Tablet?

Hello again
I thank you very much for you prompt and in depth reply within the day!!.

I understand the mistake, I should have double checked it before ordering but I was in a hurry to get it as I needed it for my work. Tablet’s page did not mention anything about stylus, while stylus’ page mentioned “Hi10 X” compatibility which I wrongfully presumed Hipad X.

Anyway, I received and I accepted the tablet indeed I am happy with that as it is quite good. Sadly does not support stylus. The good news is that stylus is on its way back to you as I had no information about its track as I was unaware that UPS handling it. I trust when the process is completed you may refund.If you have some further information please let me know

Once again I wish to thank you for your assistance

Keep up the good work

Best regards

Konstantinos