Hipas Plus Android 13

I was able to get the android 12 version of LineageOS to work on the table.

But before that I tried to install the android 13 version and I could not get internet to work, despite being able to turn on Wifi and connect to my home router. I also tried with the android 13 version of crDroid, same problem.

Any idea why android 12 works but not the 13? Does it need new drivers or something else?

ArrowOS Android 13 is working fine so far.

PixelOS too (more stable than ArrowOS).

SparkOS too, the best one so far.

Hi, I was trying to find ArrowOS/PixelOS/SparkOS build for HiPad Plus but did not succeed at all. Please can you post more info or link? Thanks!

Thank you! Does any of these ROMs allow to solve known issues of display - minimum brightness too high and bad color calibration?

Colors are better yes, as for min brightness I donā€™t remember having this issue even on the stock rom.

Mr Sam can you please provide a little guide on how to install new custom? what method did you use? many thanks

Hello
Is it possible to update from android 11 to android 13?
If yes, how can I do it? Itā€™s difficult to a ā€œstandard userā€?

Android 13 introduces changes to the underlying system (kernel) compared to Android 12. Itā€™s possible that the LineageOS 13 or crDroid 13 builds you tried arenā€™t using a kernel fully compatible with your deviceā€™s Wi-Fi hardware. This could lead to driver issues and connection problems.

@andrelima As far as our tablets we did not create any update as this product is discontinued. But maybe its possible @manonegra222 could offer another opinion?

Unfortunately it is not normal for an Android product assembled by Chuwi to accept system software updates. Technology advances very quickly and the development of drivers for processors and peripherals is quickly abandoned to focus on new processors. This happens with all Chinese manufacturers whose products, while working well, become obsolete due to the lack of these operating system updates.

So at the end its rubbish product.
We are always learning. Never bought from Chinese manufacturers.
Thanks guys

This is not exactly what you say, it is a product with excellent appearance, good finishes, good performance and that meets the required quality standards and that, in addition, costs less than half than a product with similar characteristics from other manufacturers. I think they have their market share and make technology available to all budgets. Tell me, what tablet can you find for a price of 100 Euros? Are you going to demand that he update you to the latest Android? It will be useful to you regardless of the system. Enjoy it.

1 Like