MiniBook N100 8-inch Full Complete Driver & Tutorials

Previously, I purchased the Chuwi MiniBook N100 8-inch from Tokopedia at the following online store: https://www.tokopedia.com/juragantablet. The service and packaging were excellent, and there were no issues when I received the product.

Although the product came pre-installed with Windows 11, I was hesitant to use an operating system installed by someone else due to concerns about potential backdoors, keyloggers, malware, etc. To mitigate these risks, I decided to reinstall Windows using my own original license.

However, after reinstalling Windows and automatically installing all drivers using Driver Booster, several drivers were not found and did not work correctly. I experienced the following issues:

1. The touchscreen was not functional.
  2. Auto-rotation of the screen did not work.
  3. Tablet mode was non-functional.
  4. The touchpad was unresponsive.

After searching various forums for a solution, I could not find a definitive fix for my issues. Consequently, I reached out to the seller through chat to inquire if they had the necessary drivers. Despite it being Sunday, a holiday in our country, the seller responded quickly and provided a solution. They had a Windows installation file with a “.wim” extension from the manufacturer. Thanks to Juragantablet for their support.

If I used the .wim file from the seller and converted it to .iso to burn it, I would still be concerned about potential backdoors, keyloggers, malware, etc. So, I extracted all the drivers from the .wim file into a folder, allowing me to install them cleanly on my original Windows installation.

For those of you experiencing driver issues with Windows 10/11 on the Chuwi MiniBook N100 8-inch, you can follow the tutorial below:

1. Download all the drivers from the following link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1970yNImVdUZAykruqD_NdRBMokVd-vp6/view?usp=drive_link
  2. Once downloaded, extract them into a single folder so it looks like the image below:
  3. Disconnect all internet access to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers.
  4. In the driver folder, you will find a file named remove_all_driver.bat. Run it with the “Run As Administrator” option. This will remove all existing drivers without exception. It is important to do this to avoid conflicts with the new drivers.

At this stage, you might face some difficulties as the screen will be in portrait mode and the touchpad will be less sensitive. Don’t worry; this is normal because all drivers have been removed. It might be a bit challenging to use the mouse due to the incorrect screen orientation, but you need to proceed to the next step.

1. After all drivers are removed, run install_all_driver.bat with the “Run As Administrator” option, just like before. There might be some pop-ups asking for driver installation confirmation; simply select “Yes.”
  2. Once all drivers are installed, restart your device to ensure proper integration.
  3. After restarting, test your device to ensure all functions are working correctly.

This tutorial has been tested and confirmed to work well on Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (OS build: 22631.3880).

I hope this tutorial is helpful for Chuwi MiniBook N100 8-inch users.

3 Likes

Hi. Few questions about your 8" minibook N100?

1. can you please make at least 3 in a row Geekbench 6 tests with maximum power mode? Perhaps when plugged in. I said 3 in a row because if subsequent geekbench tests show much less score than first test, means the device is throttling and processor is overheating

2. does usb c port can output hdmi(display out) signal when connected to appropriate monitor?

3. I saw on some chinese websites that chuwi minibook n100 8" supports Chuwi H8 stylus. Can you test it and see if using stylus experience any good for note taking etc?

4. how is the battery life in hours on average, on low brightness and: A) watching YouTube B) browsing internet, nothing intense ?

5. any issues noticed while using your chuwi minibook 8" N100?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

I can’t answer all your questions, but here’s what I know about the MiniBook N100 8-inch:

1. I couldn’t perform any benchmarks because, after using it for a couple of days, I decided to sell it. It wasn’t really suitable as a daily driver, either as a tablet or a portable notebook.

2. Regarding the USB-C port for external displays, I didn’t test that feature.

3. As for the screen experience, I can’t definitively say it’s bad or good. However, when compared to the Apple iPad Mini or Xiaomi tablets, I would definitely choose the iPad or Xiaomi. The MiniBook N100’s response time is not as fast as those two devices.

4. Battery life? It’s quite poor for daily use. If you try watching YouTube for an hour at full brightness, the battery lasts only about 45 minutes. Given its small size, I can’t complain too much, but it’s still a significant drawback.

5. On the hardware side, everything is okay. The build quality is good, and all the ports work properly. However, the software has many issues, particularly with drivers. For Windows users, you can use my guides to fix these issues. Avoid updating to the newest drivers automatically using third-party software like Driver Booster because the latest drivers are not compatible with the factory-installed ones. It seems the factory drivers have been modified to be compatible with the hardware.

For Linux users, I strongly advise against buying this device. You’ll have a hard time fixing the driver issues.

Overall, I’d give it a 6/10. If you need a portable notebook for urgent backup situations, this could be a suitable choice. However, I can’t recommend it as a daily driver.

hello sir, i really thankful for your driver and tutorial, really saved me a lot.
i was thinking of reinstalling using win11 ghost spectre, will it works?
i too have the same issue when updating driver using driver booster on default win11 home

I think all windows 11 all supported if you follow the tutorial properly.
The windows i have been tried like windows 11 lite, Tiny11, Windows 11 superlite. It’s working without problem.

I just bought a unit, following your driver installation, i try using ghost spectre 24h2, then Atlas OS, both are working flawlessly.

Regarding USB-C HDMI, I tested using cheap 3in1 USB-C to (PD-HDMI-USB3), its working well.

Testing the battery for Teams online meeting for 90 minutes the battery goes down from 100 to 30s