Standby issue hi10 x

Exactly same pb :frowning: not sure what to do ?

After full discharge, wakeup by power button works again.
That is very strange… Should we try to discharge completely the battery ?
What about, this Intel® Ready Mode Technology ?

For the moment I bypass the issue by setting that when I press the power button, it does not sleep, but just turn off the screen.
For sure that is not a solution, and we would need to fine a proper one…

I tried disable it on BIOS, but no effect.

I just entered to BIOS and waited for tablet turned off by discharge.
After charging connecting and turn on, button works normal again.

Thanks a lot. The discharge thing is strange, but I may try it latter…
I found also an other solution for this issue:
In the bios (connect a USB keyboard, and press Suppr. key when Chuwi screen appears ) go in:
Chipset -> South Cluster Conf. -> Misc. Conf. -> Power Button Debounce Mode
And set it to disable, and then the power button will allow you to come back from standby mode :wink:

I had the same problem. As a last resort, I re-installed Windows10 with recovery USB memory device and everything started to work well again.

I thought that Windows updates broke some Hi10X functions and decided to disable Windows Update services by Admin console eternally.

Then no trouble over 1 month.

Indeed, you are right that is probably an issue of the power button managment in latest intel driver pushed through Windows uodate. On the other side, for me the BIG advantage is to always have an up-to-date device, even after yaers… S, as we can make it work with disabling the “Power Button Debounce Mode” in the Bios, I guess it is better than disabling Windows update and have a leak device… Well at least it is my opinion. If people don’t want update, I guess Android can do it, but then you have a device that never evolv… This is a question of choice :wink:

1 Like

I have same problem…

I also have the same problem after latest windows updates.

Not updating Windows is not an option.

Disabling the “Power Button Debounce Mode” isn’t working for me unfortunately

Hi.

I have tried Windows Update after 2 months disabling, with “the troubleshooter” made by Microsoft that prohibits specific OS/driver updates. With this tool I disabled two driver updates provided by Intel corp.

Next I applied all updates from Microsoft and tested sleep, shutdown and restart many times. No problem at the present. But Intel MEI driver seems not to be included in the updates I prohibited, therefore I guess Microsoft modified past updates’ setting/configuration. However I haven’t heard such a notification. It’s puzzling.

JFYI

Appendix:
“the troubleshooter” can be gotten from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Related article on Microsoft web site
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

P.S: I think it’s worth trying to uninstall Intel display/bluetooth updates for someone who has the problem with sleep/shutdown.

JFYI

Update Current Status(Dec. 4th 2020):

Yesterday I encountered the sleep/shutdown problem again. So I uninstalled 2 more updates and hid them with the troubleshooter. They are:

• KB4586878
  • KB4586786

Then My Hi10X became able to sleep/shutdown correctly.

I hid 4 updates.

How to live with Hi10X using factory preset Windows10

Hi

I get problems with sleep/hibernation/shutdown with Windows10 after every Windows Update. I’m exhausted and decided to write How to live with Hi10X using factory default Windows10 with minimal damage/fine power control.

Preface
I have troubled with Windows Updates. They are related to PC power management. That is, when Hi10X sleep/hibernate after specific period (or by pushing power button), then I push power button but Hi10X doesn’t wake up. I must push continuously power button about 10sec.(force shutdown) and push power button again to reboot Hi10X. And I must recover Hi10X factory settings and reinstall Windows10 and applications to resolve this problem. These procedures are really inconvenient routine works. This report is written to help people with this problem.

Procedure to Solve the Problem

1. At first, you must backup / record application settings.
    To reset Hi10X, we use “Reset this PC” function. This function erases all your installed applications and application settings, therefore you must backup / record application settings beforehand. The way to backup / record application setting depends on application. (Some app. can export setting. If cannot, use screenshot or handwrite setting on a paper)

2. Reset Hi10X to factory default
    In this step, reset windows10 (and drivers). Open “Settings”->“Update & Security”->“Recovery” and push “Reset this PC”.

Recovery menu screen

• After that, follow the instructions shown on the screen. This step may take about 30min.~1hour. After resetting Windows10, you get file “Removed apps.html” on Desktop which tells us removed applications during reinstallation of Windows10.
  1. If you have a keyboard, disabling touch screen keyboard may help you
    If you have a keyboard for Hi10X, You may disable service “Touchpad Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service”. This service opens touch screen keyboard when text input. Screen keyboard occupies nearly a half of screen. To disable service, open “Windows Administrative Tools”->“Services” and select a service to be disabled and push return key(or select menu “Action”->“Properties”). Then property dialog comes up. Select “disable” and tap “apply”. Don’t forget to stop that service at the same time.

2. Stop Windows Update
    To prevent troubles related to power control, Disable Windows Update. To disable it, open “Windows Administrative Tools”->“Services” and select “Windows Update” and push return key(or select menu “Action”->“Properties”). Then property dialog comes up. Select “disable” and tap “apply”. Don’t forget to stop that service at the same time.

3. Setup power control
    You can change power control settings even under factory default Windows10/drivers. e.g. sleep/hibernation timeout, graphics performance… To setup them, open “Settings”->“Power & Sleep”->“Additional Power Settings”->“Change plan settings”->“Change advanced power settings”. Then “Power Options” dialog comes up. In this dialog, you can tune power setting finely.

Power & Sleep

Additional Power settings

Change plan settings

Change advanced power settings

Power Options
    Through this dialog, You can change power setting of graphic performance without Intel GCC(Graphics Control Center).

4. Reinstall your applications
    Open “Removed apps.html” in Desktop with browser and check applications you need. This is the last step. Good luck!

5. Fight with “Ghost Touch on Touch Pad”
    This is the additional information. I accidentally touch Touchpad when typing rapidly. In general, this phenomenon occurs commonly and can be prohibited by disabling HID-compliant mouse by device manager. But in the case of Hi10X Ghost touch appears after disabling TouchPad. So I covered TouchPad with thick sketch book paper(any insulator is usable). Then Ghost touch disappeared. It’s curious that Ghost touch doesn’t happen when I input English, only occurs with IME for foreign languages.

Disabling TouchPad

I wish this report may help someone.

History:
ver1.0 1st release
ver1.1, 1.2 correct typo.

(continuing the previous report)

1. To Prevent Future Troubles
    Probably we know that some window updates from Microsoft causes trouble under the specific PC settings. So it’s better to know how to change PC settings related to windows update.
    First, make it easy to enter UEFI Firmware setting screen on PC power up. Open “Settings”->“Update & Security”->“Recovery”, then select “Advanced Setup” (tap “Restart Now” Button).

PC restarts and “Choose an Option” screen comes up. You choose “Trouble Shoot”->“Advanced Options”->“UEFI Firmware Settings”. Then PC restarts again and AMI BIOS screen comes up. Select “BOOT” menu and change “Setup Prompt Timeout” from 2 to 5 and disable “Quiet Boot”. At the end, select “Save & Exit”. Now you can enter BIOS setup after turning on PC.
    Next, disable “fast startup” feature of Windows 10 because “fast startup” causes problem with some windows updates(*1). To disable, select “Settings”->“Power & Sleep”->“Additional Power Settings”->“Choose What the Power Buttons Do”.

Then you see checkboxes for several power modes in the bottom half of dialog window. Tap “Change settings that are currently unavailable” then you can enable/disable several power modes. I recommend you to disable both “fast startup” mode and hibernate mode(in this screenshot I have already disabled them).

After disabling them, tap “Save changes” button.
    (*1)https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4011287/windows-updates-not-install-with-fast-startup

History:
ver1.3 append the way to prevent future troubles related to Windows Update

@Management
I have the same issue. TWO DAYS OLD, went to sleep and won’t wake up!
Please, someone help.

you must write to service@chuwi.com

Hello everyone,

just want to add that I’m having the same issue with Hi10XR not waking up from sleep with the power button.
My friend and I purchased same model, his is working fine, mine does not. A mystery.

So far I have done following:

1. Clean re-install of Windows 10 (because I had the wake-up issue). When that was done, some device drivers were missing (accellerometer and others) so I went to additional updates in Windows Settings and downloaded all driver updates listed there.
  2. After that, only few devices were showing up in the Device Manager as unknown. I’ve downloaded files from following link ([Double Driver] Hi10 X Fresh Install Drivers) and updated the drivers for those unknown devices by pointing to the folder with downloaded files.
    After this, all devices are showing up correctly in Device Manager however, the issue remains.

To be exact, I can wake the device with the keyboard IF AND ONLY IF it was put to sleep with the keyboard plugged in AND if the device was put to sleep by means other than pushing the power button.
Plugging the keyboard after the device has gone to sleep does not help.

Hi, @tomastzn

Did you disable “USB selective suspend setting”?
It’s worth trying to disable.

Hi, @tomastzn and all.

I’m still checking the “wake-up from sleep/stand-by” issue. I checked 2 more facts.

1. Hi10X always tries to hibernate after a few hours.
  • Even we disable hibernate mode and hibernate-after-sleep in Windows10, Hi10X tries to hibernate after a few hours sleep.
  1. Changes of power setting become effective after user explicitly commands PC to “restart”.
  • When you change settings related to power-control (in Windows10 or BIOS), Hi10X must be restarted to apply changes.
  • Don’t enable ACPI auto configuration in BIOS. This stops keyboard function when sleep ( pushing keys never wakes up PC ).

More information is welcome.

PS:
As we know, Microsoft Edge has added the function which activates WindowsUpdate service periodically. If you want to stop, check “Windows Administrative Tools”->“Task Scheduler”. You may found the task that activates WindowsUpdate every morning AM6:55. So I added new task that executes the command below every AM 7:00.

C:\Windows\System32\sc.exe config wuauserv start=disabled

Additionally, I disabled 2 Microsoft Edge update services.
JFYI

1 Like

Same issue here…i bought mine in Dec…no issue until 1mth later…
Disabled all SLEEP .
Hibernate doesnt help much.

I had the same issue yesterday, after not changing any settings. The tablet would enter sleep mode but not resume. Checking the events tab of the display driver shows that there was a kernel problem on resume. I downloaded almost all of the intel gfx drivers dating back into last year to try to correct the problem, but it was the same. However, I did find a cure. Go into BIOS (mash ESC key on booting) and on the last tab, load default settings, save changes and exit. Tablet now sleeps and resumes as normal, even with the latest intel gfx drivers. Windows updates are on, but remaining on 1909 version for now.