Request Android OS for Chuwi Hi10 Air

And here’s the guide for Android. However replace the remix os zip with Android vanilla android zip I’ve posted somewhere in this forum. Do some search if possible mate I’m in the classroom on a cellphone and too tough for me to do copy/pasting… sorry!
For now, to flash android, you will need to bios that is in this guide. However once everything is done, you can flash back original Hi10 bios to get audio/camera working.
So follow-on,

Format a usb pen drive to FAT32 and name it ‘WINPE’.
copy all the files from the cross-bios folder to the ‘WINPE’ drive.

Connect Chuwi Hi-10 air to the keyboard or an external keyboard via usb.
When chuwi boot appears, press F7 to enter boot selection menu
Select WINPE Drive and wait for bios to get installed.

After Reboot- the screen will look messed up and thats okay.
That’s how it will be for bios and boot but it won’t matter to the OPERATING SYSTEM/ANDROID.

Shutdown the device.
PRESS VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER UNTIL DMX MODE APPEARS.

Connect via usb to computer and start intel platform flash tool.
Make sure usb drivers are installed lol

In the flash tool, select browse and browse to unzipped Chuwi hi10 android folder that has flash.json file. Select the file.
Make sure device can be seen connected in the flash tool.
Flash. Relax.

Wait for device to boot -reboot - boot a few times on its own until REMIX OS boot appears.

During installation, do not connect to wifi because Remix OS behaves stupid. Connect later after installation and setup. Keep some patience and trust me.

HAVE FUN!

Ask me further if you need some help with the Android. I’ll help you make it perfect that you’ll love the Tablet.

File Links - ( Files belong to me and are uploaded by me to my g-drive- citing myself and not breaking laws)
The Android Zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DDd…ew?usp=sharing

Extract it. It contains a flash.json file that needs to be located and used by flash tool.

Bios and installer zip (also contains README for help) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7b…ew?usp=sharing

The folder has the bios for the WINPE drive and Intel’s flashtool for installing android.

2 Likes