Screen gone grey, Chuwi customer service not answering emails

Bought a Chuwi Minibook X received it Christmas 2023… screen has stopped working after 4 weeks, so under warranty.

Screen is washed out and grey and totally unusable

Contacted customer service who asked me if I was willing to send it in for repair… when I agreed to this they stopped answering and emails…

It’s been 3.5 weeks and 5 emails and they still haven’t replied back for given me the address of where to send my laptop for repair in Hong Kong.

Is this normal?

Chuwi Minibook N100 x in grey. Ordered from their website. Serial number ZMinBXHY4H231003363

I told my colleagues to answer you as fast as possible on their email. I am so sorry.

Thank you….much appreciated… Simon

I empathize with your situation, having encountered similar challenges myself. After several persistent email exchanges with Chuwi, I was eventually provided with the address for their repair depot. My experience, along with the difficulties faced with their support, has been documented and updated on their Chuwi Global Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=713332834288767&set=a.484361400519246&type=3&ref=embed_post. I encourage you to utilize this platform to articulate your concerns and frustrations. Increased customer feedback may prompt Chuwi to enhance their customer service practices, ultimately benefiting all consumers. Constructive criticism is valuable for companies to refine their operations and better serve their clientele. All information are there along with the address and you will have to eat the cost of shipping there which to me was ~$309.89, I have decided not to pursue this at this time since I find myself in a situation where the cost of repair exceeds the value of the laptop, rendering it effectively unusable.

1 Like

@GMathew I apprecite that you write us to inform about what happened. I have been checking all the history in emails, facebook, and actually the problem has been that the repair house in Hong Kong was moving to another place. My colleagues answered you and we also were on Spring Holidays durong 2 weeks, So until we knew they were already there and well stablished we could not confirm you the address…
I understand about the shipping cost.And i see what you mean. Let me see what we can do about that. I will come back with a response

I hope that a satisfactory resolution to the operational issues plaguing my MiniBook X can be attained in due course. But reading the Chuwi forums I have seen many issues regarding the recurrence of unaddressed issues within Chuwi’s user community is duly noted. It’s unfortunate to observe a pattern where consumers’ grievances remain unresolved, despite their efforts to seek assistance through various channels that fall on deaf ears. While the challenges I’ve encountered are undoubtedly frustrating, I remain optimistic that with perseverance and constructive engagement, a satisfactory resolution to the operational issues affecting my MiniBook X can be achieved. Its either to refund my money, send me a new MiniBook X, or have a prepaid shipping manifest to the repair depot and back. Just wondering how can a Chuwi CEO sleep at night with all that is going on with Chuwi products. I feel that this company is scamming people of their hard earned money.

@GMathew I have been talking with Tech and maybe we can try to see if does not need to be sent and instead the problem is within the battery or the charger.So in that case we could send them to you. When you plug in the Charger is there any light coming on the sides of computer or charger? like an indicator? do you hear any noise?of the computer making any try to turn on?
@manonegra222 can you help us with more questions to check if the computer is totally dead or maybe its battery or charger?

More information is necessary to be able to issue a remote diagnosis. A problem with the charger is possible but the customer must provide how the problem manifested itself, if it stopped working suddenly or if it does not turn on and if it is possible that the battery has been discharged to minimum values ​​so that it can turn on later.

When you are going to turn off a laptop, it is necessary to wait until the LED lights on the keyboard are completely off because, if we do not wait and close the lid immediately, the laptop will remain on and not go to sleep, which will cause the battery to discharge. completely and then charging is not possible due to entering protection mode.

The S/N of my MiniBook X is ZMinBXHY3H230701246 also in the image below.

The issue is when I turn on the power I do not see any display on the screen and its totally a black screen. It does not even bring up the Chuwi logo, pressing F7 to initiate BIOS does nothing. Performed an external monitor test by connecting to an external monitor to determine if the issue is related to the built in display shows lack of display output.

I’ve already conducted some thorough troubleshooting steps. Since neither the built-in display nor an external monitor is showing any output, and there are no signs of the system attempting to boot up, it’s likely that the issue lies with the internal components of the MiniBook X.

1. When you plug in the Charger is there any light coming on the sides of computer or charger?
  • When the charger is plugged in I do see a green and blue light when fully charged.
  1. Do you hear any noise of the computer making any try to turn on?
  • I do not hear any noise and its whisper quirt when I press the power button

I hope the Chuwi’s support team will guide me through additional diagnostic procedures or provide instructions on how to proceed with repair or replacement if necessary.

Just in case if there is any misunderstanding on the Serial#. Image from the back of my MiniBook X

I am dealing with it right now, lets see if i can offer you another solution.

So you mean the computer turns on… is working but what does not work is the screen?
Because on the emails you sent to support, this was not specified. You said it does not turn on, so i understood it has no power, like a dead computer. So problem maybe on the battery.
But we need to know really if the computer is working and the problem lies on the screen .
@manonegra222
Because i have been asking if possible send to you a battery and a charger so you can repair it in a local shop (on your own cost). (to avoid send to Hk)

But now it seems by your last description is a screen display problem, is not the computer does not turn on, is the screen that does not see anything but computer works. So in this case it needs to be sent to Hk Yes or Yes.

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the current state of the product I purchased from Chuwi. Despite the indicator lights on the side of the computer being green and blue, there is absolutely no display on the screen.

Your assertion that the computer is functional based solely on these indicator lights is utterly absurd and unacceptable. How can you possibly conclude that the computer works when there’s no visual output whatsoever? It defies all logic and common sense.

I demand an immediate and thorough investigation into this matter. It is evident that the product I received is faulty and does not meet the basic standards of functionality. I refuse to accept anything less than a full resolution to this issue.

Furthermore, I am deeply disappointed by the lack of quality control and assurance demonstrated by Chuwi. Selling defective products and attempting to pass them off as functional is completely unacceptable.

I expect a prompt response outlining the steps Chuwi intends to take to rectify this situation. Failure to provide a satisfactory resolution will result in further action on my part, including but not limited to publicizing my experience on social media platforms and pursuing legal recourse.

I urge you to take this matter seriously and prioritize finding a solution without delay.

Awaiting your immediate action,

BTW sending to Hong Kong is not an option as my previous statement mentions earlier in this chain, that I am not going to send this piece of shyt to Hong Kong due to the shipping cost of $309.89 and the nightmare of customs between the 2 countries Hong Kong and USA, since I find myself in a situation where the cost of repair exceeds the value of the laptop, rendering it effectively unusable.

Please check here as well of whats going on in your Chuwi FaceBook - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=713332834288767&set=a.484361400519246

I have tried to help you as much as i could as you did not want to send it to HK because its too expensive. Which i understand. So i was trying to check if the problem was the screen. Because at first when you wrote an email to support , you just explained that the computer did not turn on. And my colleagues the ones who answer the emails(which in theory just give support to CHuwi.com) ,they said you need to send to Hk. You did not agree. Then you wrote in the forum, and i am the one who answers this forum. So that is why i needed to keep asking questions.To determine if possible not send to Hk and instead you could repair locally if we send a replacement part. In order to know what happen, sometimes many questions need to be asked, when customers do not explain well what is the case. Because if you sent to Hk the computer will be in repair more than 2 months. But as you want to send it to Hk anyway then:
Please contact my colleague in Aliexpress, because you bought in Aliexpress. And is him who has to handle your computer. He already knows your case, because i talked to him, to see what could we do these past days and if we could avoid sending to Hk. To match your requests. I cannot offer more help from here. Sorry. You need to contact Aliexpress shop. Because they are the ones who may accept your request to send it for free or not, and not through this forum.

For other customers who may read this also.
Please when you need to repair, you need to contact the store you bought, if its Aliexpress, then do it from there, if its Amazon, Amazon, if its Chuwi.com you write to customer service through the webpage.
All the shops are different departments. And each of them have their own way to solve issues.

To avoid to his happen again. Because when you write to the email and you bought from other store that is not Chuwi.com, things will delay. Simply because they need to keep asking to mediate and communication is less direct and your case will not be given priority towards the cases in Chuwi.com. Each Store in each platform have their own customer service. and way of handling things.It is much better to do it directly. And if by chance they dont answer you can come here, because sometimes emails get lost, and i will try to help as much as i can.

When I had press the power button there was no display on the LCD screen, not even the Chuwi logo nor the BIOS by pressing the F7. This is my frustration, especially when faced with such a glaring issue as a non-responsive display on this MiniBook X. That was my conclusion that it wont power on due to the display not coming on. What do you expect an answer to your questions would be, when the display isn’t visible on the LCD screen and just shows a big black screen?. If Chuwi stops making inferior products that it’s disappointing and concerning when a product fails to function as expected, particularly within such a short timeframe since purchase (3 months).

I share my disappointment with the situation. It’s unacceptable that so many users, including myself, are experiencing issues with Chuwi products and support. This level of incompetence is simply unacceptable. It’s imperative that they take responsibility for their inferior products and provide adequate support to customers.

Upon attempting to initiate the refund process, I discovered that I have exceeded the 15-day refund period stipulated by AliExpress company’s policies. I understand and respect the importance of adhering to such policies, however, I find myself in a predicament where I am unable to utilize the product due to unforeseen circumstances.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and a swift resolution. Below is all the information on my MiniBook X that was processed on 04-SEPT-2023 and when I tried to perform a refund it has past the 15-day refund period. What am I supposed to do now? I am really tired of going in circles on this ordeal.

What i meant by contacting Aliexpress, is writting a private message to the store. Check the picture. Click there .On Monday when we come back to office i will tell him you wrote.

Below is what I had sent to the Seller for your reference. I do request this to be hastened since my patience is running thin ever since I opened up the initital INCIDENT on 10-FEB-2024 a month and 7 days ago.

I am writing to seek assistance regarding a defective Chuwi MiniBook X that I recently purchased. Despite being under warranty, I have encountered difficulties in obtaining a satisfactory resolution to the issue.

Following correspondence with Chuwi’s support team, I was advised to contact the seller to explore potential arrangements for a refund or repair. However, the proposed solution involves shipping the laptop to Hong Kong at a cost of $308.89, which exceeds the value of the MiniBook X itself. As such, I am compelled to seek alternative avenues for resolution.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter. Specifically, I am seeking clarification on whether there are any alternative options available for repair or reimbursement that do not entail prohibitive shipping expenses. Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on how to proceed in accordance with the terms of the warranty or any relevant consumer protection regulations.

I am committed to finding a mutually satisfactory resolution and am open to discussing any potential solutions that may be feasible. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it would enable me to swiftly address the issue and resume normal use of the product.

Thank you for your attention to this request. I look forward to your response and am available to provide any further information or documentation that may be required.

Supplier name CHUWI Official Store
Marketplace Facilitator Alibaba.com Singapore E-Commerce Private Limited
Invoice Date - 2023-09-04 -0500
Invoice# B10MZMI20230905089242
Order ID# 8175197978732296

I already told him. He will handle with you from here. Apologize for the inconveniences.

I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the current status of my dispute with AliExpress concerning the MiniBook X purchase.

Despite initiating the dispute and providing the necessary details, I have encountered challenges with responsiveness from both the seller and AliExpress. As a first-time buyer on the platform, this experience has left me feeling uncertain about the resolution process and concerned about the outcome.

I understand that you talked with the seller and that the dispute resolution procedures can take time, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance or updates you can provide to help facilitate a prompt and satisfactory resolution to this matter.

This is the response from AliExpress below

When i told you to talk with the seller, that means my colleague, it meant sending a message to the store. It did not mean opening a dispute in Aliexpress. I showed in the last picture i sent. You need to write a private message to the store, then my colleague will receive it. Not open a dispute that is Aliexpress who does it.