My Chuwi Freebook wont turn on

Did you try each USB port to charge? My minibook has two USB C ports. One port only charges with the Chuwi charger and the other port only charges with a universal USB c charger with the same specs you indicated. Maybe your laptop model works the same?

2 of the USB-C Type C can admit Full Function. As Jaap says, check if the other port does it.

1 Like

That makes total sense! I did wonder what that second port was for. I will give that a try because i connected the new charger and there was no charge, the laptop still wont trun on. Ill connect the new charger to the second charging port and ill give you an update.

Thank you!

I will thank you!

Hello, i tried charging my laptop with my new charger and it didnt work😔

What else can i try so that it can turn on?

I really appreciate all your help!

I’m sorry to hear that. Did you use the USB c to USB c cable that came with the charger? Unfortunately not all USB cables work for charging.

Edit, I think you have a tobenone 100 watt charger with integrated cable. So that should work. While it is universal it should work with any standard USB c device.

The charger that came with my laptop isnt a USB. The cable and adapter are attached to each other as one. I cant detache the cable from the adapter. (Not sure if that makes sense).

So tried charging my laptop in the second port and it still wont turn on.

so it may be a hardware issue or maybe battery issue. Did you try to contact to walmart because is still on warranty, to see if they have a local repair place?

I havent reached out to walmart yet. I will gather proof of purchase so that I can go and see if they can fix it or replace it.

1 Like

First write them online or call by phone, to avoid waste your time. They should be able to tell you how to do.

So i reached put to walmart and they werent able to help me out. They stated that they dont have a place for customers to go to. Im pretty frustrated with them because when it comes to product replacement, they turn their backs. They acted like i damaged my laptop on purpose. :face_exhaling: im still trying to figuere out how to resolve this issue.

If i have the warranty card that came with the laptop, would i be able to get a replacement?

Send me the exact link or the shop link from where you bought your laptop and see if my colleagues can help.maybe they have some kind of agreement in walmart