Answer to Samsung SSD problems

Many here have had issues installing windows or getting windows to recognize your Samsung NVME SSD… this is the solution as of today:

• It appears the read/write speed is where RZBOX is having the problem.

• Any SSD with a read/write speed above 2400/1600 will have issues on RZBOX

• Samsung 970/980 all have read/writes speeds that are too high for RZBOX. Don’t use Samsung SSDs.

Crucial and Western Digital (as well as many other brands) will have SSDs that will work.

2 Likes

CHUWI should do something to slove this problems!
CHUWI should tell customers what kind of SSD can be used on this computer before they sold it out!!

4 Likes

Where can I see a list of compatible SSDs?

1 Like

100% agree. I’m out 2 x Samsung 980 1TB SSDs because of this. Once they are unpacked that are literally unable to be returned. Thanks Chuwi. Your computer just cost me about $300 more because of this stupid lack of communications.

1 Like

In another thread, someone said Chuwi tech support says the nvme slot can only provide 1.5 amps of power at 3.3V.

The nvme spec is up to 2A.

Samsung evo’s use a lot of power, so that’s why those don’t work in this device.

That’s very valuable information. Thanks for sharing it.

I’ve tried a boring old sk hynix oem 512gb drive and a hynix P31 gold nvme drives. Both work well. The hynix drive uses very high density flash. Low power, low heat, very high performance and great for a gen 3 nvme slot.

I’m going to put a little stick on heat sink on the nvme drives. The factory “Biwin” model idles at 52-55C and the Hynix OEM drive idles at 58C. It sat around 40C in the other computer I had it in.

I may also measure the clearance between the ram/nvme drives and the aluminum case bottom. If it isn’t a lot, I might stack some thermal pads between those and the bottom cover.

This machine runs way too hot.