Samsung SSD Issue

Hi,
I bought a rzbox barebones on launch day.
The pc was delivered to me last week.
I tried several solutions but I can’t install windows on samsung 970 evo plus disks (both 500GB and 1TB). It is currently installed on an Intel SSD Pro 6000 256GB and is working fine.
If i install samsung disks as second drive the system becomes unstable.
Are there any unreported compatibility issues? Bios updates or particular procedures to follow?
I await indications as soon as possible and the possible list of certified NVMe devices so as to replace the newly purchased discs.
Thank you
Giovanni Bincoletto

2 Likes

Here’s a try: Have you tried formatting the SSDs and creating partitions manually from another computer? Is your BIOS setting in UEFI mode? Can make all the difference!

1 Like

did all this, Samsung NVME SSD will not all windows install on RZBOX

1 Like

I have the same issue. I have tried adding a second nvme ssd (Samsung 860 1tb and 970 Plus 2tb) without luck… whenever you create the partition the disk disappears… In the end I managed to properly install and use a Sabrent 512gb disk (SB-ROCKET-512)… hope they release a new BIOS soon!

1 Like

The Crucial P2 CT1000P2SSD8 (1tb, up to 2400/1900 MB/s) also works fine

1 Like

I have the same problems, asked chuwi service for help.
If I try to copy a larger file then 1GB from SSD with OS to second SSD it crashed and the second device disappeared in the Settings_Volume Manager.and in Windows explorer the file is shown, but Message “corrupt”.
I use Samsung 970 and 980 2TB SSD`s

1 Like

I get a short answer from chuwi service about our issues:
“Hello, we recommend using SSD below 3.3V 1.5A, thank you”
nothing about size or speed of SSD`s or BIOS settings.

1 Like

Suppose you have configured everything correctly in the BIOS. In that case, there is most likely a problem with the quality of your SSD. You need to go back to the store ( if you have a warranty) and ask them to replace the goods for you. It is also possible that you damaged something during installation. Then you will have to contact some HDD and SSD repair services. For example, I usually turned to this service in such matters – salvagedata.com. So it’s up to you to decide what to do, but your situation is really difficult, in my opinion. But all this can be solved. You just need to spend a lot of time on it.

1 Like

A mí me pasa lo mismo con este HD. No es problema del disco ni de la capacidad. Chuwi debe actualizar la BIOS para dar soporte a estos discos. Los dos más de 2tb

This may happen due to the incorrect operation of the hard disk. If it works properly, then one of the attributes will be an inscription about it. However, this is one of the default mistakes. I faced a similar problem two weeks ago. Therefore, I had to ask for help from data recovery services near me. Btw, this problem can also be solved with a help of the command line. Firstly, you need to open it in the start menu. Then you need to enter commands and confirm them with the ENTER key sequentially. ( diskpart, list disk) You need to enter the select disc command after displaying all local disks. It is better to navigate by the volume of it.

1 Like

And there lay the problem.

NVME drives can use up to 2A. If the slot is limited to 1.5A, then any drive pushing that power limit won’t work.

Sounds like they may have tried limiting this to m.2 sata specs, which are slightly lower amps than nvme?

Speed doesn’t relate to power draw. Some drives are exceptionally good and use low power.

I’ve gotten an sk hynix OEM 512GB nvme to work, and a hynix gold p31 1TB drive to work. Strongly recommend the p31. Lower power draw than most nvme ssds and the performance is right up there with other high end gen 3 drives. Also produces a lot less heat.

Power demand of the p31’s is around half that of the samsung evo 970.