Battery only holds 4h instead of 8h

Hello,
I have just bought a new Chuwi Larkbook X and I am really impressed with the quality.

But the battery life is really bad.
Out of the box it consumes too much power.
When I look into the c-States with HWinfo I can see that the package c-states are always at c2 which consumes too much power in idle. It should go to C6 or more.

Battery has only about 4h of battery life instead of 8h as advertised.

I think there must be a driver/bios problem that makes that.

Can you please provide a fix for that?

1 Like

that’s the same for me, it’s a really serious issue.

I have the same situation… Max ~5 hours of working.
Did you solve the problem?

Hello
4-5h is the real expected.
As always, what brands advertise is in very specific conditions as no wireless turn on, brightness in bear minimum, doing only tasks that does not demand processing and with power management in max battery economy.

About the idle fix, I would recommend to check other forum posts or pray for someone to know how to fix and post it here. Remember, this is a forum, not tech support so a fix may come because of the community. If you expect a fix from Chuwi, it’s not the place.

Really interesting thing is that Chuwi advertises battery capacity of 38 Wh, but at the end of production they put only 29 Wh battery and unfortunately I have this smaller one. You can easily check yours using BatteryBar app.

This, then, is another topic. Duration of battery is always a subjective topic but about capacity then we would expect to have the size advertized.Still, you are having 5h, which is not bad, and if this smaller battery does not swell, you are lucky.