BIOS Update - Mod/unlock

Which version do you have? 5.12?

Yes, Core Version 5.12

Could you make the patched BIOS directly available? I do not trust myself with the tools. I am currently using the one patched at bios-mods but I do not like the skull in the flash screen…

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I believe it will be very helpful to some people in need.

Excellent how-to my friend, I’m a little bit experienced user but I think I might ask if you could share that modded BIOS file directly for download. I have the 5.12 BIOS version installed by default, haven’t updated with BIOS provided from Chuwi due to lower power.

Can you my friend? Because the other unlocked BIOS on the internet contains the low power “fix” which I don’t need

I can’t share the BIOS file because it contains some important information like serial number, boot settings, etc… So you have to repack your BIOS not to loose it.

I can try to patch updated BIOS image so it will be easily flashable, but you’ll get a lower TDP settings which you can change later…

1 Like

Ok, here’s the bios image from the BIOS update archive (8100Y version!)
Replace the bios.bin file on the USB drive with that one to flash.
The modules were identical so I just replaced it for you.

3 Likes

Who knows what spyware you have installed (joking :wink: , really) but I LOVE it. Thank you. It has the Security menu as well (which is different from the other unlocked bios around) and no SKULL, but the stock logo remains. I love you as well.

1 Like

You are correct, serial number, windows key etc is stored in BIOS and don’t want to lose it. Will use the first option and I will see
The Intel Systel Tools I must use, doesn’t matter if its v11.0 or 11.7, right?
thanks mate

I used that version

Flashed it finally, just before writing flash command, entered command four device fs7:

Command for device fs7? what is this?

Just type that: fs7: and then type dir to check contents

Your device may be fs1 fs2 etc, I tested them one by one to find mine

for me (as a noob) - what exactly does the unlocked bios provide in terms of extra functionality?

Extra 2 tabs in BIOS settings, which were hidden by default.

If you know what to change, unlocking will do a lot. As per Hackintosh, changed a setting will allow you to use display resolutions over 1080p…

I just like to have everything unlocked and fully controlable be me

Thank you… Download Completed…

Thank you,
I downloaded your bios.bin
How can I write your bios.bin to my BIOS?
Is that possible write your bin file to my BIOS with this command? fptw64.exe -REWRITE -F bios.bin

Hi, I can’t find the links to the Bios and the module to be replaced. Where can I find them?
Thank you

https://forum.chuwi.com/t/official-version-the-forum-no-longer-provides-bios-to-the-customer/4149/3