Board schematics request for Lapbook Pro

To Chuwi Support,

Please provide the board schematics for the LapBook Pro.

I am working on a coreboot port of this laptop. If successful this will generate interest in the open source community for your laptop. It would therefore be nice if you could support me in this endeavor.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry,we can’t provide the board schematics for you.

Could you then provide any other means of support, like a contact whom I could ask additional questions and the likes?

Unfortunately, I can’t offer anyone who can help you with this problem.

This is what we need, the BIOS they published doesn’t even work, the other files are 4 2 gb for BIOS they said, wtf, at least should allow us to provide a workable BIOS, this is trash

1 Like

To Chuwi Support,
there seems to be interest among the linux and open source community in this laptop, unfortunately these people are left alone and sometimes even with bricked devices due to a broken and buggy BIOS. Please see these threads:

In the interest of your customers I believe it would be a very good idea to support me in my endeavor to port this laptop to the open source coreboot bios, which has excellent linux support. So again, I would like to ask you, would you be so kind to provide the board schematics for this laptop?

2 Likes

Sorry,we can’t.

Can you provide the serial number before you ask for anything?

Can you elaborate why this is not possible?
Would you be willing to help me otherwise? It would be very helpful if there would be someone who knows the schematics and can communicate with me to confirm whether I’m on the right track or not.

Because I don’t have something what you need.

Would it be possible for you to ask within your company whether such documents exist and/or whether support for my endeavor could be supplied?

I would be interested in a coreboot port of this laptop.

1 Like

Manager. If you can’t give as schema, give as information about - points(sports) on MB to short-circuit to reset default bios setups. We have a lot of problem with you crappy BIOS.

1 Like

I would be interested in a coreboot port of this laptop.

I am interested of this port, should be a nice solution for us

I would also be interested in a coreboot port.

Hy dear Chuwi

I am a owner of a New Chuwi Lapbook Pro with the Serial Number: LA p Q256G420011911, unfortunaly my older son have playing arround in the Bios.

Now i got a black screen an the Chuwi Lapbook Pro do not booting again.

I am verry sorry but maby do you have any Solutions for me.

Thanks in advance
Actually, I and my son are very satisfied with their device, but I am a little disappointed that the unwanted functions in the bios can be used without a doubt.

I would be very happy if you could help me to find a solution to reset the bios or maybe to flash it again or a tutorial and at least sending to the Service Center

I am sorry to read this, but manipulation of the Bios by non-expert hands can produce a brick result.
Now, if the device is not able to boot, you must perform a reprogramming of the bios with an external programmer and using the appropriate files.
Please, write to service@chuwi.com indicating your serial number and they will provide you with the necessary files and a tutorial to reset your laptop

Should I have gone with the bmax, I can still cancel my order, I think

I would be interested in a coreboot port of this laptop