CHUWI CoreBook + i5-1035g4 + TypeC HDMI Output no signal

Hi

I have an issue regarding connecting an external monitor using a USB Type-C adapter.

Once I plug in the HDMI cable to the USB Type-C adapter which is connected to the USB Type-C port on my Corebook, on the monitor it shows the message “No Signal” but it recognizes that monitor is being connected to something. My USB Type C cable recognizes Keyboards, Mouse, SD Memory Cards and even Ethernet Cable but no HDMI.

I already tested this cable to another laptops like DELL, Mac and it works perfectly fine.

I already updated Graphic Drivers and USB cable driver and it still does not resolve the issue.

I tried to get into BIOS in order to find an option to enable or disable Type C but there is no option about it.

According to what it was stated in Marketing when I purchased my Corebook, it indicates that Type-C has full functions (Audio, Video, Data transmision and Fast charge)

What else shouid you recommend to check?

Thanks in advance

Give me your serial number, lets see if installing drivers will solve it.

Sure

It is a CHUWI CoreBook - ID: ZCoreBDW3H230200012

Hope you can advise.

Thanks

Can you please send us a picture of the cables and the conection you made, will be easier to explain to Tech if the see the connection of adapter and cables.

Hi,

Thanks for your response

Sure, here they are

Adapter is connected through USB Type-C.

This is the actual USB Type-C adapter

USB Type-C Adapter

Apart from the HDMI, the rest works well (Ethernet, SD Memory slot, USBs)

@ChuwiSpainSupport

Hi, were you able to validate this?

Is there any other thing that could be needed for support.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the delay. Tech was trying to find an explanation as it is an old product. There was a small batch, that was sold that did not have full featured Type C, not image transmission, and your corresponds to that one.