CHUWI CoreBox performance test, mini body features desktop performanace

As information has been released, CHUWI will launch new mini PC CoreBox at the end of May, which will sell about $349. With only 2L volume, it brings a lot of convenience in daily use. It is comparable to the traditional PC in daily use experience with the Intel Core i5 processor.
In terms of hardware, CoreBox features the Intel Core i5 5257U processor, built-in iris Graphics 6100 graphics card, 8GB memory and 256GB M.2 SSD storage.

First is the Benchmark test of hardware, CoreBox performs well in some professional software.
CPU-Z:Single Thread:292.2;Multi Thread: 811.2
Geekbench 4:Single Core: 3483; Multi Core: 6407
AS SSD Benchmark:Read: 517MB/s, Write: 435MB/s

In daily use, the performance of CoreBox is indeed excellent. It can meet the needs of daily office and entertainment scenes. It can hard decode 4K video smoothly with iris Graphics 6100 GPU, bringing high-quality audio and video experience.
In addition to daily office and entertainment purposes, the Core ™ processor core can boost its power to 3.1GHz. It can handle large software requirements such as design and mapping, and even minor video editing work.
After a series of tests, it can be seen that CoreBox features great performance. Apart from daily office entertainment and other uses, it is also able to meet some high-performance software requirements. With only 2L volume and great performance, CoreBox can be a good choice for an office and entertainment PC. It will sell in the US Amazon first, followed by the Japanese Amazon.

More information about CoreBox can refer to the link.

1 Like

Looks like a poweful robust mini pc built, but I don’t see any official Linux support :frowning:

There are many use cases for such hardware in linux world than in windoz.

Good luck.