Chuwi Cwi527 Hard Brick..Unbrick..Programm Bios/Eeprom

Clearing CMOS…

:frowning: nothing happened…stil same… i think this device will stay “dead” forever…

Oh, firmware problems always cause a lot of trouble.
I have voltage measurements for the hi10 air, the hi10 plus should have a similar layout of components. You can compare the voltages, maybe this will help somehow

What an incredible work!, @Biosham.

On the other hand, what I can propose for you @just_chuwi is

• check assembly, cable connections
  • measure the resistance between succeeding pins of EEPROM using tester (eye-check often overlooks solder bridge)
  • look at the back of PCB if could. Hot air gun sometimes melts solder on the back (of course, solder of chips around EEPROM).

I hope you to success.

hey…thanx alot for ur @Biosham great help… and @EndlessBiginner

i changed the power ic which named AXP288C…maybe some resistors damaged… let me check the values…

hey again…

maybe working same device can unbrick my device…? working device eeprom/bios dump…?

but how can i find the same device… :frowning:

Dump Z8350 but serial number is unknown 10plusnokey

I am really surprised with replace of AXP288C. This problem perfectly knocked out me.

AXP288C is a power management IC only for Intel CPUs, so the specification is not fully opened except for Intel. But, above all things, its form factor is 76-pin QFN (0.4mm pitch)! From my experience, 0.8mm pitch is the finest for most people, 0.6 is almost impossible. 0.4mm! How did you solder it to PCB correctly ?

By the way, SMD parameters may be speculative from the datasheet.

I upload the typical application diagram from the datasheet of AXP288C.
I hope this may help you.

NOTE:

• black SMD is usually resistance. Big one with printed number like 001 is low resistance for detection of current. Be careful with its wattage. over 1W is safe, but difficult because of large form factor.
  • yellow ocher SMD is usually capacitor
  • green SMD is usually inductor

best forum repost this is the news of forum this section is advice for help

Thank you for this Information about the CMOS clear procedure!
My Chuwi Hi10 was NOT responding, No charging light and No booting.
After following your Instructions about the CMOS clear it started working again!
Very strange but the battery was at 0% after the procedure, but few days ago the battery was charged to 100% and the Chuwi haven’t been used for several days. Strange! :slight_smile:
Thank you for the information! :slight_smile:
Good Luck!