CMOS BIOS reset

Hi guys. Just had my laptop set to a different frequency for ram. Now my laptop won’t boot. Is there a way to reset bios on my chuwi laptop?

It differs from laptop to laptop, but in general yoh need to
unplug it from the power, open the back of the laptop, unplug the battery, locate the CMOS battery (coin sized battery sloted into a socket, eject it (can be broken so look for tutorial of you never done it), wait 40-50 seconds, put it back together, plug it in the wall and press the power button
This works on 85% of laptops.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Sadly there’s no CMOS battery, the bóard is not a typical laptop board rather it looks like a tablet board. Also the power button is within the keyboard. I don’t think I could force shutdown the laptop. I have also disconnected the battery and left it unplug for almost 12 hours. Tried to press power button for 1min sadly the laptop is still black screen. If only there is a jumper point on the board for me to short in order to reset the cmos. Do you have any ideas?

I don’t know if it is with your laptop model. but for some laptops after you remove the battery
for a long time, then you need to plug in the AC cable, before you press the power button.

2 Likes

If you would like to change the BIOS you would need a machine special for that. At this point i suggest to take it to a local repair.