i am unable to acess any screen boot with either vga or hdmi |
Most functions in bios written in nvram, so probably clearing cmos will not give you anything.
Try to discharge laptop somehow or disconnect battery.
I REPEAT I HAVE A CHUWI HEROBOX WITH 8GB RAM 180GB M2 DRIVE WITH WINDOWS 10
COULD YOU GIVE ME THE RIGHT ANSWERD FOR THE NEXT QUESTIONS ???
HOW COULD I USE THE RESET SWITCH ?? TO RESTART THE BOX
ALSO HOW I COULD SETUP THE PROPER BOOTING TYPE OF MONITOR ??
HOW TO ACCESS THE BIOS SETUP
HOW TO BOOT FROM EITHER
- THE INTERNAL M2 HARD DRIVE
- THE INTERNAL SSD DRIVE
- THE TF CARD
- OR ANY USB BOOTING DEVICE
IT IS 3 WEEK I COULD NOT USE THIS COMPUTER I AM FEEDUP ABOUT THE UNACCESSING CHUWI SERVICE FOR DEBUGGING .
AND THEY IS NO SUPPORT SITE
Oh, I read the title wrong. This is strange that you can’t use this box, it’s the same as PC.
To use the reset switch, you need to hold it until the box reboots.
You can setup monitor in bios->advanced->Graphic output protocol.
To access the bios press F7 / ESC on startup.
To boot from any devices choose them in bios in “boot” tab or in “boot override” in “save & exit” tab.
THANK YOU FOR THE HINT BUT IT DOESN’T WORK
BY THE WAY THE LAST TIME IT WORK AROUND 2 OR 3 WEEK I HAD PLUS AN HDMI AND VGA
AS IT START I SEEN ON TH HDMI THE LOGO CHUWI AND AFTER IT WAS BOOTING ON THE VGA IF I DID NOT PLUG THE VGA IT DID NOT SHOW UP
NOW WHEN I BOOT NO SCREEN AT ALL
IF I HOLD THE RESET NOTHING HAPPEN
IF I HOLD THE POWER THE POWER LITE UP IT FLAST 1 OR 2 TIME STILL HOLD IT AFTER 5 SEC. AROUND IT FLASH ALL WAYS AND WHEN I RELEASE IT WILL SHUT DOWN
MAY BE THE RESET DO NOT WORK
I HAVE TRY ALSO WITHOUT THE DRIVE M2 AND ADDING A SATA DRIVE NOTHING SHOW UP
Try to contact email@example.com
Probably you need to reflash bios or reset it.
You can try to reset cmos by disconnecting the cmos battery, but I’m not sure if this will not void the warranty.
I ALL READY REMOVE THE BATTERY IT DID NOT WORK NOW HOW I COULD REFLASH THE BIOS AND WHERE IS THE IMAGE FILE OF THE BIOS AND HOW I COULD INSTALL IT BACK
For bios and instructions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I have the same problem have you solution for hdmi or any other port to work???
Ok sorted it in case someone else will have the same issue f7 to get to bios and then change boot to hard drive and windows so it boots as first
- THEY KEYBOARD DOES NON GO ON
- THEY IS NO SCREEN SHOW UP
- IT MEAN NO ACCES TO BIOS
- THE REAL PROBLEME HOW TO REPROGRAM THE BIOS IF THE FIRST AND SECOND DOES NOT FUNCTION
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO BOOT ON THE SD WITHOUT BIOS ACCES
Then you must do something wrong my keyboard looked like it wasnt working i have a wireless one. When turning on the computer in the same time click on esc and f7 even if the screen is black. Then a blue screen should come up. Its late going to bed now but if you dont sort it out i will make some pictures to show you
BY THE WAY IF YOUR WIRELESS KEYBOARD WORKS IT MEAN YOUR BIOS RECOGNIZED IT
DO SOME TEST
- INSTALL A WIRED KEYBOARD AND A WIRED MOUSE
- PLUG IN THE POWER CONNECTOR
- DO NOT PRESS POWER ON” CHECK IF THE KEYBOARD LIGHT AND THE MOUSE LIGHT UNDER MOUSE GOES ON PRESS CAPITAL LOCK DOES THE CAPITAL LIGHT CHANGE ON THE KEYBOARD
- IF IT LIGHT THE BIOS IS FUNCTIONNING BEFORE POWER ON.
- IF NOT PRESS POWER THEY SHOULD HAVE COME ON NOW THEN THE BIOS IS ACTIVATING THE CAPITAL LIGHT WHEN YOU PRESS IT
- FOR MY PROBLEM I FOUND THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM IT IS MY MAIN BOARD .
- I WILL CONTACT CHUWI
Hello Claudet did you solve the issue? I have the same problem with my Herobox
No the main problem was no post activity
I am surprise some one anought curious and interested in solving my problem
I don’t know if you try the pretest I suggest from step 1 to 6
Tell me what are you feedback fron those test
If the all work your main bios and board is show as working
My herobox does not have those feedback
Could you describe more what you have done before the problem arrive
Due to poor performance of the PC during video call I entered in the BIOS to control settings, verifying if something could be available to increase performances, unfortunately no option to increase frequency or something like that, so I closed the BIOS without any modification, after that the screen start to remain black without any character on the screen, I tried to connect the pc through HDMI, VGA without any result, at this point I opened the pc tryin to disconnect BIOS battery, I cut wires and I leave the PC switched off, after to have re-weld the wire no changes, black screen and only blu led switched on
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED
- WHAT IS YOUR VERSION OF YOUR HEROBOX WHEN DID YOU BOUGHT IT?
- DID YOU CONTACT YOUR SELLER IS IT STILL ON WARANTY?
- DID YOU COMPLETELY REMOVE THE MAINBOARD ?
- DID YOU REMOVE THE HARD DRIVE (THE M2 DRIVE CARD) ?
- DO YOU HAVE A EXTERNAL PC OR DEVICE TO SEE THE FUNCTIONNALITY OF THE BOOTING PROCEDURE OF THE DRIVE . (PERSONALY I BOUGHT AN EXTRENAL CASE WITH A USB C TO PUT THE DRIVE M2 IN AND TEST IT ON AN OTHER PC AS A BOOTING DRIVE)
- DID YOU INSTALL A KEYBOARD AND A MOUSE TO CHECK THE POST PROCEDURE WHEN YOU START THE HEROBOX AS: THE MOUSE LIGHT GOES ON ?? DOES THE KEYBOARD CAPITAL LOCK AND NUMBER LIGHT FLASH OR NOT IF IT IS THE BIOS IS RESPONDING !.
- DO YOU HAVE A COPY OF THEDRIVE IMAGE WHEN IT WAS FROM FACTORY . (ME I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE START THE PC WHEN YOU RECEIVED IT.
GIVE ME NEWS ABOUT THOSE POINT
I SENT YOU THIS EMAIL AT 4:45 IN MORNING AND TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR TIME WHEN YOU WILL RECEIVE IT