CoreBook X UPDATE the BIOS URGENT

I have BIOS version 2.20.1271, but I need 2.20.1275 or newer as Ubuntu doesn’t recognize the battery so the battery level indicator is not active.

I am not sure if this is a problem of the Bios, we do not have drivers for linux, we only do for windows,and every BIOS is different, installing one that is not supported by your model can really make a big mess.
Maybe @manonegra222 can guide us a little more?

Por desgracia no es frecuente que Chuwi publique actualizaciones de Bios para un dispositivo, sólo se han dado caso para corregir errores de configuración. Las diferentes Bios que puedan existir de un mismo modelo no son actualizaciones de la anterior sino nuevas Bios para nuevas versiones de un mismo modelo

Sorry, in english:

Unfortunately, it is not frequent that Chuwi publishes Bios updates for a device, they have only occurred to correct configuration errors. The different Bios that may exist for the same model are not updates to the previous one but rather new Bios for new versions of the same model.

Hi, I have seen that Ubuntu is working fine battery indicator is supported on “Chuwi AeroBook Pro” how can this be?

So there is a later version of Bios for this model. How can I get the latest version of Bios for the CoreBook X 14" Intel i5-8259U.

I purchased this laptop for Linux use only. The box has Linux as an option, why don’t you update the Bios?

I would appreciate if you would stick just to one post because you are writting in many and its difficult for me to solve it ;). The problem is that in oprder to give you that BIOS, i need the serial number of the BIOS that the guy who had installed the 1275 version. Because in the list of files i Have , the names of the BIOS is the serial number, not the update, something like this
Like this: JXX-BI-WU133ALR210-ADA90
Or like this: ADL_P_IDL525_S_S32ç

If i dont have that is impossible for me to know which BIOS did he get.I have more than 10 BIOS on Corebook X because we got many models. Each batch of serial numbers have a specific BIOS, Windows and so.

I also saw a message asking for this in support email,so maybe it was also you? My colleagues are on holidays, they will come back on 18th.

• Before updating the BIOS, ensure that the battery level indicator issue stems solely from outdated firmware. Run system diagnostics provided by your device manufacturer or use tools like acpi_battery in Ubuntu to further diagnose the problem.
1 Like

As Alexcray says make sure the problem is the BIOS, and if you can get the information of the person who solved previouslly, this info: like the exact model he has, chipset , and Bios Serial number, so i can provide you the file.If not its impossible for me to know
And for the next person who read this thread we dont generally provide support or updates for linux, and all our laptops are with windows.

The laptop came in a box that has Linux as an option. So how is it you don’t support Linux?

But as you see in the picture its marked it has windows, and we do not sell computers with linux. Its a general sticker, many providers also have them.